Super Contributor

I have a corded phone (which I need to have) with handsets and do not want at this time to move the phone line so I can move the base phone to my desk.

Anyone know of a system where the handsets have speakerphone or mic jack capabilities?

Honored Contributor

Re: Corded phone handset help

@WildDunes 

My cordless phone had a base set, which was plugged into the landline and electric outlet, along with handsets that only needed an electric outlet.  The handsets did have an option for speaker phone.

I got mine from Amazon a few years ago.  Panasonic.

Super Contributor

@geezerette  Thanks. That's what I'm looking for. Haven't found yet but will keep looking. 

Honored Contributor

I have the same Panasonic system as a previous poster.  I've had mine quite awhile now.  Got mine years ago when it was a TS on HSN.

Honored Contributor

If your desk is on the same wall (not across the room) from your corded phone, you can buy a phone extension cord and run the line along the baseboard.

Bistras 50 Ft 4C Telephone Extension Cord Cable Line Wire, for any Phone, Modem, Fax Machine, Answering Machine, Caller ID...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I have the Panasonic set as well.  I got mine at Costco a number of years ago.  I want to say 2007ish?  When I first started working from home.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

@WildDunes wrote:

I have a corded phone (which I need to have) with handsets and do not want at this time to move the phone line so I can move the base phone to my desk.

Anyone know of a system where the handsets have speakerphone or mic jack capabilities?

I also have a Panasonic cordless set of 2 and both handsets have the speaker phone option.  They are so old, I don't remember when I bought them.  I'm sure some retail store still has something similar for sale.  QVC doesn't allow links to other stores so, do a google search. Good luck. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a VTech phone with four handsets. Each handset has a speaker button plus each handset has an intercom button on it to page any of the other handsets, just like a walkie-talkie.

Super Contributor

To all who helped with device info, thank you so much. I had already started a Google search but decided to also reach out to the Blog and you came through.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WildDunes 

You have a "corded phone with handsets". Unless I don't understand your question, all phones with handsets, need to be plugged into a phone Jack, with a phone cord. I actually made the plastic jacks on 1 of my jobs at AT&T.

I have had several different name brand phones, with multiple handsets. I don't remember any of them that did not have a speakerphone on every handset, and on the base.

I did have one brand that did have a Jack to plug in headsets or a mic. That was a long time ago, and even that same brand quit including that Jack. Probably cost a dime more to manufacture.

Never read anything but this post before replying, same with all original posts on all threads. Seems I am missing something in your question. "Corded Phone"! Hmmm

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)