Respected Contributor

Re: Cord cutters

[ Edited ]

@LilLadyNJ wrote:

For those to cut the cord, what do you do about sports?

I am a sports addict so I did a lot of comparing when we moved and decided not to get cable.

I found that Hulu+Live TV gives me all of the sports I want.  I don't get the Texas Rangers games because we're out of market but MLBtv gives me that.   Check it out and see if you can get most of what you want with them.  $45.00 a month.

Trusted Contributor

So glad I saw this thread and especially your Hulu comment @Bridgegal   Last night we signed up for a free week of Hulu.  Tried once before but at the time our internet strength wasn't strong enough, but it's been recently updated to where we could try Hulu again.  It seems to have most of the channels we watch - just cannot get the NFL channel.  And the picture comes in as good as with Dish.  Going to give it the full free week before making a final decision to say goodbye to Dish.

Antenna won't work for us because we live too far away from a major city.

Esteemed Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

Love my Dish Network...won't give it up!

So glad you posted that you love it.  I spoke with them yesterday about switching from DirecTv.  Boy am I saving a boatload of money.  After 18 yrs I am fed up with DirecTv, as in my opinion it has gone downhill since AT&T grabed it up.  Prices up, servive down.  Can't wait to talk to my remote LOL

Respected Contributor

@yellowrose 

I can't get NFL Network either but last year , a few games in, FOX started carrying those games too.  We really like Hulu+Live TV.   Neither of us miss any channels at all.

Super Contributor

Just like Bridgegal, we also have Hulu + Live TV.  Yellow rose, I hope you like it as much as we do!

Trusted Contributor

@Bridgegal @sundrops  I'll be joining you soon. Hulu+Live is working out great

for us.  Tomorrow I'll be saying goodbye to Dish.  That's a call I'm going to enjoy.  Wonder if they will offer me the moon and stars to stay with them??

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

@Bridgegal @sundrops  I'll be joining you soon. Hulu+Live is working out great

for us.  Tomorrow I'll be saying goodbye to Dish.  That's a call I'm going to enjoy.  Wonder if they will offer me the moon and stars to stay with them??

@yellowrose 

To answer your question. No!  Dish has millions of customers like me that are happy with their prices and service. I wish you well with your cord(signal)cutting.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@hckynut  I'm sure I'll get offered at least HBO free for 3 months. Smiley Happy

I don't have a problem with Dish other than paying for so many channels

I don't ever watch. Been a customer for longer than I can remember. And they did give me NFL & ESPN at 1/2 price for 6 months

during football season. They use to give it to me free for a few months, but

guess I begged one to many times.  We're actually getting more channels that interests

us with Hulu than with Dish, so it's a good swap for us.

Valued Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@LilLadyNJ wrote:

For those to cut the cord, what do you do about sports?

I am a sports addict so I did a lot of comparing when we moved and decided not to get cable.

I found that Hulu+Live TV gives me all of the sports I want.  I don't get the Texas Rangers games because we're out of market but MLBtv gives me that.   Check it out and see if you can get most of what you want with them.  $45.00 a month.

thank you

Respected Contributor
We cut the cord in January of 2019, and we'll never go back to paying to watch TV. We get 39 channels, and that's plenty for us. (We go out a lot lol.) As for sports, OTA is already wall-to-wall sports, especially on weekends. DH is the sports nut in the house, and he's talking about the same games with our visiting relatives who still have cable or Dish.

If OTA sports isn't enough, I just don't know what to say lol.

Oh, and BTW, we haven't gone "crawling back" to Spectrum, the way their staff claim cord-cutters eventually do. But *they* won't leave us alone with special offer after special offer--which all go right into the trash. 😊

What worries you masters you.