Honored Contributor

Copying and Pasting Pictures on an iPad

Can anyone help me with this? I have no problem on my desktop, but every time I hit "copy" on my iPad, then go to my email or here on the forums and hit "paste" nothing happens. Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Re: Copying and Pasting Pictures on an iPad

@beach-mom   It's easy but not that easy.  First you must have your pic in a file or gallery on your pad.  Then find where you want it in your message, click the spot, go to the landscape icon above, click on choose file and find your photo, click on insert image, click on post after it downloads.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I usually just take a screenshot and then upload it. 

Honored Contributor

If you are talking about pasting pictures, you must first put the pictures in with your photos. When you come back to your post look at the top row inside the text box for the icon with the little mountain peaks and sun. Press on this. You can then choose the photo from your iPad photos. It says Choose File and Add image and From My a Uploaded Images. You have to choose File from the photos in your iPad photos, then add image. Sometimes you can choose the image in one of three sizes. Sometimes you have to press From My Uploaded Images. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom,  I'm going to add what I posted on another thread in August.

Your best bet is to touch and hold on the image, then a pop-up will appear and you should see either "Add to photos" or "Save Image."

Choose that, and the image will be added to your iPad Photos app.

Then, in the Q Community dialogue box, tap the "Insert/Edit image" picture icon and follow these steps:

1 -- "Choose File" is asking for the location where you saved/stored your picture on your device.   

17279CC1-7CED-4134-B9B4-DAABFBEE8891.jpeg

2 -- After you tapped/clicked "Choose File," the system will display locations where you might find images (also lets you take a new photo).

On my iPad, images are stored in the "Photo Library" so that's what I choose.

4EC23C4A-5653-4611-8DD0-A89C78E34439.jpeg

3 -- After I chose my Photo Library as my image location,

I saw a choice of the albums currently on my device.

A7F26163-A117-4C9D-9301-F8A40C854181.jpeg

4 -- In this case, I tapped on "Recents" and the window displayed all of the images currently available in my "Recents" album.

I tapped on one of the pictures, and a check mark in a blue box appeared in the lower right corner of the chosen image.

Then, I tapped "Done."

E71F28CE-D453-48A5-8B26-B777D5268F3B.jpeg

5 -- The Q site loaded the image.   

You'll see there are other options you can edit, such as the title, but you don't have to change any of them if you don't want to.

Be sure to tap/click "INSERT IMAGE."

The Q site will add the image to your album

in your profile

and also will add the pic in your reply dialogue box

on the thread.

6CF7C523-D5CB-465B-875F-A394505D54C8.jpeg

6 -- Then add any text you want and, as usual, tap/click "POST."

Hope this makes sense!  Take it step by step and you'll see it's not as complicated as it looks,  and after doing it a couple of times it'll be second nature.  
Just keep asking questions, try out the process, play around with it.   

You'll always have the option of not posting the image, or removing it after you post,

or even going to your profile albums and deleting it there.

Happy posting, everyone!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone! I will play around with this. It sounds complicated. I might just go to the computer when I want to copy and paste a picture!  Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

I usually just take a screenshot and then upload it. 

I have been doing that a lot more. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

Thanks everyone! I will play around with this. It sounds complicated. I might just go to the computer when I want to copy and paste a picture!  Smiley Wink

I'm sorry, @beach-mom  -- I'm such a goofball.🙃🙃🙃  I  probably made it look difficult but really it isn't.  Taking it one step at a time you'll see that it's logical and no problem at all.   

@Ilovetea@tucsongal,  Yes!  Screenshots work, too.   They also are saved to the Photo app, and then the steps to upload them are the same as the others saved there.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova