Honored Contributor

Computer question for you smart tech people...Help and suggestions appreciated

This is my issue:

I use MSN mail. Have no problems with it at all. Until now.  The issue I need help with is that all of a sudden, I am not receiving my B O A  Bank alerts  in my email feed.  They are not in the junk file... all my other email come through just fine. I am only having issues with BOA alerts.  I was getting the alerts just fine for years until just about a week ago.

when I go to the BOA website, it just says" you need to fix your email for alerts... we send them and they do not go through"

. so several times I have re entered my email( same one...has not changed)  on the BOA site...and it seems fixed...but STILL the alerts are not going through.

I am using a HP desk top and have A. Norton Firewall. 

is there anything I can check to see if for some reason the BOA alerts are blocked and fix that to unblock them? I imagine it is something with either the computer or the firewall? I am not tech savvy....

Honored Contributor

Re: Computer question for you smart tech people...Help and suggestions appreciated

On your email page, you should see a gear-like symbol. If you click on that it should give you options that include "Block and safe senders list". Click on that and it should show you who, if anyone, is blocked and you can unblock them.

If all else fails you can create a backup email account (I have three in total) and simply enter the other address for the BOA announcements you're missing.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Computer question for you smart tech people...Help and suggestions appreciated

@gardenman wrote:

On your email page, you should see a gear-like symbol. If you click on that it should give you options that include "Block and safe senders list". Click on that and it should show you who, if anyone, is blocked and you can unblock them.

If all else fails you can create a backup email account (I have three in total) and simply enter the other address for the BOA announcements you're missing.

@gardenman  Where on the page is this gearlike symbol...right hand or left hand side? Upper page? Thanks so much!

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

i agree

msn is blocking attachments

try utube for how workaround

can u see the statements on yr phone

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Email account settings vary from one type of service to another. I'm not familiar with MSN. You can look at the settings under General or Message Arrival and make sure the Desktop Alerts is enabled...may also be called Notifications.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Email account settings vary from one type of service to another. I'm not familiar with MSN. You can look at the settings under General or Message Arrival and make sure the Desktop Alerts is enabled.

true but msn will still block what they deem to be unsafe

Honored Contributor

I had something similar happen with Chase, I had to change my account listed from G mail to Yahoo

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

\

@SeaMaiden what browser are you using sometimes that makes a difference as well. 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

\

@SeaMaiden what browser are you using sometimes that makes a difference as well. 

@jackthebear  Usually Chrome....but also Outlook...same issue with both

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

\

@jackthebear  Usually Chrome....but also Outlook...same issue with both

hmm

i have never used MSN,  but I did use Outlook and MS likes to block stuff for us.

look at your "settings" in MSN mail and drill down to something in security and look around .

TBH I can't help you much as I don't use that mail at all, but a google search will send you to youtube and I bet there's ton's of videos on that

how to unblock attachments in MSN mail 

try this search term ...