Super Contributor

Clickfree or other photo gadget?

Ok, be patient please--- I am tech illiterate.  Just recently trying to find the best way to put my 3 drawers of old photos on a disc---or whatever you call it!  Happend on the Clickfree presentation --- sounded perfect----but as I researched, it did not have the best reviews.  What is an easy, reliable tool to use to put those pictures straight onto a disc---- as I take the picture----not having it go to my phone gallery?  I have a Samsung S21 android.I have so many pics on my phone, I was trying to bypass adding so many more.  I am 71 with time on my hands!  Thank you for any info or suggestions!

Honored Contributor

Re: Clickfree or other photo gadget?

@pietook   I belive the word you mean is "disk" meaning DVD & CD disks.

"trying to find the best way to put my 3 drawers of old photos on a disc---or whatever you call it! "

Go to YouTube for their step by step tutorials.  In their search field type:  How to BURN photos onto a DVD or CD?

"I have a Samsung S21 android.I have so many pics on my phone "

In the search field type:  How to BURN photos onto a DVD or CD from an Android phone.

You can also do the same type of search w/your search engine (Google, Bing, Startpage, etc).

There will be loads of pictorial tutorials websites w/step by steps instructions.

Things you will need......

Disk burner.  For what you want to do, I would not pay more than $100. 

DVD-R discs.  Holds 4.7 GB storage (9000+ photos) than CDs.

My personal favorite DVD-R brand is Verbatim.  Never a coaster.

Once you research the above, if you have any further questions and/or you do not understand something please post back.

Good luck!

PS...I am assuming you already have a DVD player.  If so, you will need to check the user manual to make sure it can play DVD-R disks.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

I'm sorry, you can see I know nothing!  I would like a device like that clickfree to just add the pictures straight onto that.  Scan disc maybe what I meant???  But, I so appreciate your step by step instructions----thank you for your time and effort for that!  

Honored Contributor

@pietook   Oops.gif my bad.....   I checked the Clickfree website (which I should have done in the first place) to see what it was as I never heard of it.

You should try a USB Flash Drive which is similar to the Clickfree thingie.

Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 2.20.19 PM.png

They come in different storage sizes.  You will need to decide how much storage you need/want.

There are many ways to transfer to a USB Flash Drive.  Again, you can do a YouTube tutorial & internet search to find the easiest way for your comfort zone.  Key words to use in your search are:

How to Transfer Files from Phone to USB without a Computer

How to transfer Pictures from Android to a Flash Drive.

For starters, copy paste the following websites addy.....

imobie.com/support/transfer-photos-from-android-to-flash-drive.htm

usbmemorydirect.com/blog/transfer-pictures-android-to-flash-drive/

Again, post back if you need any further help and/or questions?

Good luck!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

Thank you!  Will check this out in the morning!!