Honored Contributor

Chromebook charging indicator light flashing red

[ Edited ]

After the last update, the charging light won't stop flashing red no matter what I do. The only things I haven't done is open up the case and remove/replace the battery nor have done a Reset Settings (never did that before) or a factory reset (which I have never done). Everything seems to be working fine except for that flashing red light on the side. Anyone know what I can do to stop the flashing red light?

I've googled for an answer to no end. This is driving me nuts. Maybe I'll just put a piece of tape over the blinking light so I can't see it.Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Re: Chromebook charging indicator light flashing red

According to Google, it's the battery. 

With the battery disconnected completely, the light should turn red. If you’re seeing blinking orange instead of steady when you reconnect the battery it could be that the battery has become faulty. They don’t last forever and if you’ve had your Chromebook a while it might be exhausted.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had this CB for just over a year. 

The red light blinks even when I'm not using the battery as I have it plugged into the wall. Also, the battery level indicator on screen says it's 100% full. 

The light is blue when I have the lid up and I'm using it. When I close the CB then the light starts flashing red again. The whole time I have it plugged into the wall, AC power not battery.

Honored Contributor

Contact the manufacturer.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif