Honored Contributor

Chrome Sync pass phrase : can’t reset the pass phrase. Help please.

Ok : DH has a computer and uses Windows 10. Purchased the Samsung A12 smartphone. I was using his phone this morning with no issues. Trying to check everything and show him how to use this phone. This morning was on the Publix pharmacy app and this afternoon checking on his refills. Then this afternoon trying to sign in on the Publix app - white square appeared with message: ChromeSync pass phrase needed. This has never happened before. Asked DH and said only knows about passwords and I entered what he told me to use.Didn't work. He went on his computer and checked everything and stated he hadn't changed anything. Can't do anything on the Samsung phone without this pass phrase . We are clueless what to do. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Chrome Sync pass phrase : can’t reset the pass phrase. Help please.

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee  Type the error code in your search engine and/or YouTube.  If any troubleshooting articles/videos come up, try them all until one works.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

I think it's just his or your google password. I'd go to google on a compter and reset yor password. Or see if you have it saved in your browser.

After that I think I would google how to turn it off. I've never had it come up on my phone at all although lately I've been getting some message about sharing app information so I wonder if he saw that and followed it into the settings and that turned it on. 

Honored Contributor

The site guidingtech.com has an article titled: "Why Chrome is Asking for Sync Passphrase and How to Fix That" that can help you out. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I have been busy with several home projects and issues. I have read and tried everything. Issue resolved with the Publix pharmacy app. Still not resolved with the Tracfone app.