Respected Contributor

Re: Chomebook....love my new Samsung .11.6

I'm glad I came across this forum. I was at my son's school this morning for a program for the "moms" and I was looking around his classroom at the work they do. He is in 3rd grade and they had a bunch of Samsung and Dell Chromebooks in his class that the kids work on daily. My son asked for a laptop for Christmas (I have one that he uses, but he wants his own). I think I will get him a Chromebook instead. I like Samsung products (mine & his cell phone are Samsung Galaxy) so I will go with the Samsung Chromebook.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm not familiar with this one but in August of last year I bought a Samsung Chromebook Pro. I decided on this instead of buying a MacBook Pro (this was really all I needed). With the money I saved I'm going to buy an iPad Pro when the new models come out this year.

They are the newer one[s] from Samsung one is a a black one that has 34 and 4 and the other is a silver and black that has only 16 and 2. both I believe are 11. 6 inches in size.

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to add that my model is chromebook 3 4gb.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

I'm glad I came across this forum. I was at my son's school this morning for a program for the "moms" and I was looking around his classroom at the work they do. He is in 3rd grade and they had a bunch of Samsung and Dell Chromebooks in his class that the kids work on daily. My son asked for a laptop for Christmas (I have one that he uses, but he wants his own). I think I will get him a Chromebook instead. I like Samsung products (mine & his cell phone are Samsung Galaxy) so I will go with the Samsung Chromebook.

Some Chromebooks are made specifically for the student market and are drop resistant, water resistant, and built to survive rough handling.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Dell and Asus has come up with a more durable CB. I think one of these brands has come up with a waterproof CB as well. And now we have the google play store which we have not had on earlier CB's.   

Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

Some Chromebooks are made specifically for the student market and are drop resistant, water resistant, and built to survive rough handling.

@gardenman, I did not know this. Thanks. I'll look out for this type.