Trusted Contributor

Re: Cell phone plans and advice

[ Edited ]

We had very bad cell reception at our house...other places it was ok but not at our house...we have ATT...I went to the ATT store in town and asked about the MicroCell....Its a "mini cell tower" that you hook up to your wireless router...it only works if you have good internet...Hooked it up and we have 5 bars through out our house...detached garage and on the property close to the house...its 149.00 if you buy it..ATT gave it to use free because the girl in the office said if we are paying ATT for cell phones we should at least have good coverage at our house...I love it...DW

Frequent Contributor

Re: Cell phone plans and advice

I feel your pain. We have been paying installments payments on our two Galaxy phones for the past 18 months. They end in March so my bill will go down a little over $50 per month. Of course, AT&T is doing what they can to get us to upgrade again so the payments start all over again. I have the Note 3 and my son has the S4 and they work just fine so we are NOT upgrading. I'd rather have a lower bill than the latest and greatest. One thing you may want to do is see what data plan you are on and see if you can go on a lower plan. They will sell you way more data than you really need.