Trusted Contributor

Can you download your pictures from iphone to ipad

[ Edited ]

If so can you tell me how?

Thanks,

Jamma

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can you download your pictures from iphone to ipad

You can upload them into your iCloud, Verizon cloud or any cloud and the pics will be available on all your devices.

You can also use a web based email to send them to yourself.

Another option is to use your computer as the hub.

I have BlackBerry devices, but I'm sure Apple does this as well.  You can transfer files over wi-fi.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

You can upload them into your iCloud, Verizon cloud or any cloud and the pics will be available on all your devices.

You can also use a web based email to send them to yourself.

Another option is to use your computer as the hub.

I have BlackBerry devices, but I'm sure Apple does this as well.  You can transfer files over wi-fi.

Yes, you can use the Cloud or iTunes. If you sync your iPhone picture files and then sync the iPad to the same files on the same account, you can get them on both devices.

I wouldn't use email unless you only have a few photos. Photo files are pretty large and you'd have to upload and download each image. But if you DO only have a few favorite images you want on multiple devices, that's an easy way to do it.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Honny being tech challagned thats greek to me unfortunately but I do appreiate your trying to help.  I am just hopeless.

JammaSmiley Sad

Honored Contributor

for now easiest thing is to text or email the pix to yourself (over yr wifi)

For the future enable Photostream so that your pictures will be "shared" on all your devices when you are in yr wifi range.  you can't retroactively get your pix on via this.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jamma

Where do you want to download them to?

If it is a computer, let us know what operating system you use -- Windows or Mac.  The more information we have increases your chances of getting help you can use.

Trusted Contributor

I have pictures on my iPhone my daughter gave me her ipad and I wish tottransfer the pics from iphone to ipad.

I have a hp computer and we use windows.

I have no skills with stuff like this I am hopeless.

Thanks for trying to help me out.

Jamma

Regular Contributor

If both the iPhone and iPad have a newer Apple OS (like OS 7 or  maybe it has to be 8)  you can use Air Drop.  If both devices are close to each other you can send over pictures without using wireless or internet.  I've done it from my husband's iPhone to another iPhone.   I'll have to get my husband's iPhone to remember how.   But it is real easy to share pictures that way.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

What  version iPhone and iPad?  Has to be iPad 4 or newer and iPhone 5 or newer to use AirDrop.

Here's the Apple Air Drop instructions

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204144 

Esteemed Contributor

@VolvoGirl wrote:

If both the iPhone and iPad have a newer Apple OS (like OS 7 or  maybe it has to be 8)  you can use Air Drop.  If both devices are close to each other you can send over pictures without using wireless or internet.  I've done it from my husband's iPhone to another iPhone.   I'll have to get my husband's iPhone to remember how.   But it is real easy to share pictures that way.

I don't know how it happens but I just took a lot of pics with my iPhone.  When I came in the house and got near my iPad, they transferred over automatically.  I wonder if this has something to do with Home Share?  My photos show up on Apple TV also.  Can Jamma set her iPhone and iPad to home share?  Just guessing here...LM