Frequent Contributor

I read on earlier threads people changed passwords without a problem. I have spent so much time trying to do this! I don't receive the email that gives the link. My question is if I do a new registration will that destroy my history? I have a link to paypal that goes with 1 click. I only buy(lol) not sell. Thanks for any help, Sonnie

Trusted Contributor

Re: Can't change E-bay Password

You don't need an email. Just log into your eBay account as you normally do, and change the password in My eBay.
Valued Contributor

Log in as usual and look for the news updates. There is a link in that bulletin that will take you to where you need to go and you enter the a new one, twice. There is also a link to an example page to help create a safe password. I didn't receive an email either.

Valued Contributor

I changed mine last night. I had to look for it but did finally find where to change it!
Honored Contributor

once you have signed into your account the password can be changed on 'My Account' (next to your messages)->'Personal Information' page -> then down to Account Information -> then to PASSWORD......where you will see an edit button all the way to the right.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

This is ridiculous! I have gone to each of the places you all have suggested and no luck. When I click edit on my account it flips to enter user name/email. I found the news update but no link. Why is this so hard?

Respected Contributor

On 5/22/2014 HUENEME GIRL said:

This is ridiculous! I have gone to each of the places you all have suggested and no luck. When I click edit on my account it flips to enter user name/email. I found the news update but no link. Why is this so hard?

Contact their support. They were very helpful to me a month ago and they walked me through to fix a problem. Why frustrate yourself when they have people to help you.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/22/2014 HUENEME GIRL said:

Go to my ebay. You have to sign in with your user name & password. Then click on tab account, and click on personal information. the 3rd item says edit password. Make your change and I THINK ebay will send an email to you to complete password change.

Honored Contributor

I also changed mine last night...they certainly don't make it easy!! I had to Google it since I was getting frustrated. Here's what helped me:

• Step One : On Any eBay Page click 'My eBay'
  • Step Two : Under My Account (Right Navigation Bar) click on 'Personal Information' or 'Business Information'
  • Step Three : Under Account Information and Password click on 'Edit'
  • Step Four : Type in Old Password and then New Password (Twice)
  • Step Five : Click 'Submit Changes' and then Login Using the New Password
Trusted Contributor

When you get to the page that says to enter user name, you have to sign in, even if you signed in earlier. Put in your user name, then put in your password (your current password).

Then on the page, very top left, it will say "Hi," and your name is listed.

Pause over that, and the drop down menu will show "account settings". Click on "account settings". On the left side of that page, click on "personal information" right under "My Account". Go down to password, and click "edit" (on the right side).

Hope this helps!