Honored Contributor

Re: Can't Save Bookmarks After Updating Safari

@goldensrbest wrote:

Did you find it?

@goldensrbest   I haven't looked yet, but I will.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest   I found the Sidebar, but what I want in my favorites isn't in my regular Bookmarks so I can't click on them.  Thanks for the tip about the sidebar though.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest   I realize now that I do still have my bookmarks in my favorites.  They just aren't on the menu when I click on the address bar.  I have to click on Favorites in the Bookmarks list to get to the specific one.  I still want to be able to add new ones so will probably buy the backup disc.

When I click on the link in the Sidebar it doesn't add it to the Favorites under the address bar like yours does.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Mine just updated,and same problem.On my screen only some of my favorites, post what you find out,please.

@goldensrbest   I only got some of my Favorites back with the upgrade, too.  I got my first answer from the Apple community.  He said it might be a corrupt file, but if the same thing happened to you I don't think so.  He gave me a very complicated way to handle it.  I don't understand anything that he said.  I think I will call Apple.  I'll let you know what they say.  I can't call for a couple of hours.

@NickNack   I got the upgrade from Microsoft a couple months ago.  It had a corrupt file.  Thank goodness, a friend works for a tech company and was able to help me, but like some of you I lost stuff and that cloud --- well, it must have rained...some things were gone for good.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest   I just wanted to update you one more time.  I am able to save Favorites.  When I pull up all of my Bookmarks, the favorites are there and new ones are saved.  They just aren't there under the favorites when I click on my Search bar if that makes sense.  I used to click on the search bar and my favorites would all show up.  

I'm glad I figured this out before I started all over with a backup disc!  I feel kind of stupid.

-Henry David Thoreau