Honored Contributor

Can someone tell me how to cancel a record series command on DISH?

I assume it is in options if it exists.  My calls to DISH in the past have told me you can't do it.  That means I have to hit "recall" on each and every single episode.  I did get them to cancel Primetime recordoings, now they are back at it and my Hopper fills up in a couple days and doesn't record the shows I want recorded.  Please save me from a high blood pressure inducing call to DISH.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can someone tell me how to cancel a record series command on DISH?

@depglass  I also have Dish.  A red circle should show up as a clock on a show set as a series record.  select and delete series timer should be an option.  I often set series record, don't like the show so delete it.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@depglass  I also have Dish.  A red circle should show up as a clock on a show set as a series record.  select and delete series timer should be an option.  I often set series record, don't like the show so delete it.

This can be accomplished easily through the Program Guide.

But to completely delete Prime Time Anytime recording, you have to go through the Menu.  Select PRIME TIME ANYTIME and there is an option to turn it off completely.  

Otherwise, I think you have to delete each prime time show separately.

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

For any show you have set up on DISH to record all you need to do is press the DVR button on remote.

At the top of this page it shows Recordings, Schedule, Timers & Trash.

After clicking on DVR use the arrow up button to get up there than arrow over to Timers & press select button on remote, press down arrow button to get to the list of shows you have set up to record. You can go thru the list to find the show you want to delete. Select the show & click on delete series or you can also edit your timer there.

You can also see your daily TV schedule you have set up for the shows you record.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@depglass 

For any show you have set up on DISH to record all you need to do is press the DVR button on remote.

At the top of this page it shows Recordings, Schedule, Timers & Trash.

After clicking on DVR use the arrow up button to get up there than arrow over to Timers & press select button on remote, press down arrow button to get to the list of shows you have set up to record. You can go thru the list to find the show you want to delete. Select the show & click on delete series or you can also edit your timer there.

You can also see your daily TV schedule you have set up for the shows you record.

This is what I do when I have more than one program I want to edit/delete.  It's easier than going through each show each day.

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

Did you get the series canceled? I had Dish Network for years, and the Hopper 3 since it was introduced. Let me know if you still need help.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Not yet, still fooling around with it.  Arrrrgh !  I'm a techno idiot.  What is Hopper 3, the one that handles 2000 hours?  Our Hopper is around three years old.  To top off my problems, if I want to record only one show, DISH sets it up as a record series.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

Hopper 3 can record 16 different shows at the same time, while watching another. Hours it will handle depend on type of programming recorded. Standard Definition/HD or 4k programs.Think it has the 2tb hard drive. I think all 3 Hoppers are set the same way when it comes to programming changes, not positive of that.

Are you talking about "Prime Time" Recordings? You can set those to record any of the 4 major networks if you want them to record from 7-10pm, my time anyways. Yours may be different time zone. You can set them to record only on certain days also. If these are the ones you are talking about there are several steps to change them, and I can walk you through them.

Best for me to know what programming you are trying to change. Reply to this and tell me exactly the type you are trying to change. Got to be by steps and probably a couple back and forth. I have to know exactly what options "your Hopper" has since it is not the Hopper 3. Let me know, but it could take some time to back and forth.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)