Honored Contributor

Re: Can You Print From Your Chromebook

@harcon wrote:

@Jordan2

Did you go to your printer and print a page (not through the chromebook)?  The printer nozzles could be clogged and the fault is in the printer and has nothing to do with your Chromebook.  

@harcon, I printed today using my iPad with no problem. It was working before I sent it to be repai repaired, I wonder what they did? It's funny, the printer is recognizing the command to print, goes through the printing process, nothing is printed on the page. I'm going to try and figure it out later today.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2

Go to HP website to determine if you need to update your model printer drivers.

Also, check HP support website for your situation regarding "Chromebooks."

I found this for starters......

Restart the printer and the computer: Restarting the computer and the printer can clear possible error conditions.

Confirm the printer connection and network name: On the printer, make sure that the blue light next to the Wireless icon () is on and steady, then touch the Wireless network menu to make sure that the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.

Move the printer and router closer together: Move the printer and the computer closer to your wireless router, but no closer than 6 ft (1.8 m). Wireless signals can be weaker at greater distances between the printer and the router.

Manually connect the printer to the network: Many HP printers have a wireless setup wizard tool available on the printer control panel network or wireless settings menus. Follow the on-screen instructions to type your network name and password to connect the printer to the network.

Post in HP forums.

============

If you are still under warranty, call Cromebook tech support.  The issue may be caused by Cromebook instead of the printer.

OOW, go to Cromebook technical support website as well as their forums.

GOOD LUCK!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Jordan2

Go to HP website to determine if you need to update your model printer drivers.

Also, check HP support website for your situation regarding "Chromebooks."

I found this for starters......

Restart the printer and the computer: Restarting the computer and the printer can clear possible error conditions.

Confirm the printer connection and network name: On the printer, make sure that the blue light next to the Wireless icon () is on and steady, then touch the Wireless network menu to make sure that the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.

Move the printer and router closer together: Move the printer and the computer closer to your wireless router, but no closer than 6 ft (1.8 m). Wireless signals can be weaker at greater distances between the printer and the router.

Manually connect the printer to the network: Many HP printers have a wireless setup wizard tool available on the printer control panel network or wireless settings menus. Follow the on-screen instructions to type your network name and password to connect the printer to the network.

Post in HP forums.

============

If you are still under warranty, call Cromebook tech support.  The issue may be caused by Cromebook instead of the printer.

OOW, go to Cromebook technical support website as well as their forums.

GOOD LUCK!

@Mz iMac, thanks for the advice. I actually was able to print from my iPad so I don't think there is an issue with the printer it's got something to do with the chromebook.

Honored Contributor

I'm computer challenged, but I finally figured out what was wrong and can now print!

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Did you connect the printer and the chromebook with a wire or did it bluetooth?

@151949, no I did it wirelessly from my Chromebook to my printer.

I think she printed via the wifi network.  That is how I print from my iPad too, with an app called Printer Pro.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm computer challenged, but I finally figured out what was wrong and can now print!

@Jordan2  Care to share?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2  Care to share?

@Mz iMac, I had to add  my printer to my chrome book  manually. You need to know your ip address, home network  name and enter it, then you have to add the name and model of the printer and click on add printer. When you are on the print page in the destination part you have to put in your network and that's how I got it to work.