Honored Contributor

Re: Can You Print From Your Chromebook

If you have bluetooth on your chromebook you can print using a bluetooth printer. Other wise no.

My first chromebook was an HP  that did not have bluetooth so no printing but the one I have now is a dell and has bluetooth so I can print on our bluetooth capable printer. I believe most newer printers have the bluetooth capability.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

If you have bluetooth on your chromebook you can print using a bluetooth printer. Other wise no.

My first chromebook was an HP  that did not have bluetooth so no printing but the one I have now is a dell and has bluetooth so I can print on our bluetooth capable printer. I believe most newer printers have the bluetooth capability.

@151949, I’m sure my HP Envy 5530 doesn’t have Bluetooth capability as it isn’t very new ( although it works fine). I guess I’ll never be able to print from my Chromebook. I wish I knew this before I bought the Chromebook, not saying I wouldn’t have bought it anyway, but it would have been a consideration.

Honored Contributor

I rarely use the printing capability of my chromebook. It's just simpler to get on our desktop windows computer instead when I'm doing anything I may want to print.

Honored Contributor

I am ready to do the happy dance and am so proud of myself! YES, you can print from a Chromebook, I just did! I am not tech savvy and if I can do it so can you. I went to settings, then to advance settings where printing is listed. I had to manually put my printer in. I needed the IP address and network name (which I found on the printer itself under wireless settings), and the make and model of the printer, you then click add. When I went to print I had to put my printer name as the destination for the printing and it printed!

Honored Contributor

Did you connect the printer and the chromebook with a wire or did it bluetooth?

Super Contributor

@Jordan

Congrats!!  Once you  know where to look for instructions it's pretty simple.  Glad we could help.

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Did you connect the printer and the chromebook with a wire or did it bluetooth?

@151949, no I did it wirelessly from my Chromebook to my printer.

Honored Contributor

TY

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I had figured out how to print from my chromebook. Long story short, I had to send my Samsung Chromebook Pro to be repaired, I got it back and now I can't print. I tried to print, my printer is recognizing my Chromebook, it seems like it's printing but there isn't any image or words on the page, it's blank. I have ink in the printer, so that's not the problem. I've tried everything to get it to print, I don't know what else to do. I just knew when I got my chromebook back something was going to be wrong with it.

Super Contributor

@Jordan2

Did you go to your printer and print a page (not through the chromebook)?  The printer nozzles could be clogged and the fault is in the printer and has nothing to do with your Chromebook.  

Grow old my body but stay young my heart