Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,065
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Can Anyone Answer a Facebook Question?

[ Edited ]

I have around 60 FB friends and for some reason, when my niece plays games on FB (which she does a lot), I always get a notification every time she goes to a new level, or does anything within that game, etc.  Drives me nuts, LOL.  I really don’t care to have play-by-play notices of her activity when I’m scrolling, reading articles, and posting.  It only seems to happen with that one person.  I’m constantly getting pop-ups and can’t figure out how to turn them off.

 

Can anyone help?  I’ve spent tons of time going into various menus, settings, etc., to see if I can figure out what’s going on, but I have not been successful.

 

Please keep in mind that I am not a techie by any means, so if you leave instructions, please be as specific as possible! 🙂

 

Thank you so much; it will be so nice to have my sanity back if I can stop those notifications.

 

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,601
Registered: ‎08-28-2010

Re: Can Anyone Answer a Facebook Question?

@Topaz Gem-You can go to settings, click on blocking and block the app.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,065
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Can Anyone Answer a Facebook Question?

So I have to block each individual game that she plays?  She must play them all, LOL.  If that’s what I have to do, I will do it. 😉

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,601
Registered: ‎08-28-2010

Re: Can Anyone Answer a Facebook Question?


@Topaz Gem wrote:

So I have to block each individual game that she plays?  She must play them all, LOL.  If that’s what I have to do, I will do it. 😉


Unfortunately, yes.  lol 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,065
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Can Anyone Answer a Facebook Question?

Guess I better get started then, LOL.

 

Thanks for your help!

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,781
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: Can Anyone Answer a Facebook Question?

You can do it as they come up in your newsfeed.  Just click on the the three dots in the upper right corner of the post and there should be an option to block it.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,680
Registered: ‎06-08-2016

Re: Can Anyone Answer a Facebook Question?

"unfollow" her

 

I've had to unfollow many of my younger relatives, they are on FB constantly

I've never had a problem with the games, tho

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,829
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

Re: Can Anyone Answer a Facebook Question?


@software wrote:

"unfollow" her

 

I've had to unfollow many of my younger relatives, they are on FB constantly

I've never had a problem with the games, tho


@software @Topaz Gem .  I did the same thing. I had a couple friends that posted political and religious posts all the time. I just ‘unfollowed ‘ them and never see or am notified of any of their posts. They don’t know that you unfollow them. It’s like they are gone and don’t know it.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,680
Registered: ‎06-08-2016

Re: Can Anyone Answer a Facebook Question?


@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@software wrote:

"unfollow" her

 

I've had to unfollow many of my younger relatives, they are on FB constantly

I've never had a problem with the games, tho


@software @Topaz Gem .  I did the same thing. I had a couple friends that posted political and religious posts all the time. I just ‘unfollowed ‘ them and never see or am notified of any of their posts. They don’t know that you unfollow them. It’s like they are gone and don’t know it.


 

 

I didn't have a problem with WHAT they were posting, it's just that they posted all day long.    It was like their diary, taking kids to school, going to the grocery store, everything they do at home or work, pick up the kids, on &  on.    And their big faces were always on my computer screen, guess that's why it's FACEbook, LOL

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,829
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

Re: Can Anyone Answer a Facebook Question?


@software wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@software wrote:

"unfollow" her

 

I've had to unfollow many of my younger relatives, they are on FB constantly

I've never had a problem with the games, tho


@software @Topaz Gem .  I did the same thing. I had a couple friends that posted political and religious posts all the time. I just ‘unfollowed ‘ them and never see or am notified of any of their posts. They don’t know that you unfollow them. It’s like they are gone and don’t know it.


 

 

I didn't have a problem with WHAT they were posting, it's just that they posted all day long.    It was like their diary, taking kids to school, going to the grocery store, everything they do at home or work, pick up the kids, on &  on.    And their big faces were always on my computer screen, guess that's why it's FACEbook, LOL


@software  Oh yeah, I get that. It’s just someone can be annoying in more ways than one. Just nice not to have to see what they have to say. They may think it’s interesting, but I don’t. LOL