Honored Contributor

Re: Cable/satellite alternatives

Antenna update:

I hooked up my antenna today.  I now get a lot of channels, all the locals and then these 3 channels that I don't currentlly get with my basic cable:  GetTV, GritTV and AntennaTV. 

Thanks for the info on this antenna.  Super easy to hook up and the signal is fantastic.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

wrote:

Antenna update:

I hooked up my antenna today.  I now get a lot of channels, all the locals and then these 3 channels that I don't currentlly get with my basic cable:  GetTV, GritTV and AntennaTV. 

Thanks for the info on this antenna.  Super easy to hook up and the signal is fantastic.

If you have a HD TV, the over the air broadcasts are true HD.  Cable and Satellite compress their HD signal which makes the quality not as good.  Enjoy! 

Honored Contributor

I live near Albuquerque which is right in the middle of NM.  There are the 3 network stations and a couple of PBS stations, but on my antenna, I get about 50 channels.  I don't know where they come from as there are no other TV stations in the state.  Our transmitters are on a 10,300ft mountain about 14 miles across the valley.  I can see them with binoculars.  So I'm ideally located for good reception.  The network stations come in clearer than they did with Direct TV.  If you're in an area with lots of snow that knocks out satellite TV, you seriously need an interior antenna.  Mine fell on the floor and my reception was still crystal clear.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We used to have an interior antenna when we camped on the shores of Lake Erie. We got about 3 local Erie, Pa channels but we got many Canadian channels on it. We never lacked for something to watch.