Honored Contributor

Re: CD player for 50 or more discs

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman 

I had a 300 CD player I lost in our basement sewage flood a few years ago. Best I could find was a 5 CD player Sony, which I bought. The morons that cleaned our basement not only mistakenly threw out my player, I had 300 of my best CD's in it.

I had just gotten out of the hospital and was too weak to go down into the basement. Getting down there was tough for me, getting up those stairs was harder for me than the two 26.2 mile marathons I ran. I am still po'd over that deal as I couldn't replace the player nor most of my favorite CD's.

Yep, technology moves on!

ETA:  I did locate a couple 200 CD players, but obviously used, and they wanted over 1,000 bucks for them. Wasn't worth the risk to me because I had no idea if they even worked for these multiple play uses.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut 

300!

Wow, that would be perfection.  Not sure we even have 300 CDs anymore. Cat LOL

I would have been heartbroken at such a loss...but, I guess those cleaning out didn't see the value.  Such a shame.  The cost of replacing all of that would be daunting.  If you were already sick, that just added to it, I'm sure.

While I do like some technology, I'm caught in a time warp with music.  First, they took away our vinyl, now, they want us to stream or download or whatever.

No, and no Cat LOL

I'm looking at the 200 player mentioned above.  If my husband agrees to it, I'm going with that.

I don't know why they stop making some things, but it's not always better!

Honored Contributor

Depending on how it broke, you might be able to get the old player repaired. If it's a common component that failed like a capacitor or resistor, getting it fixed would be fairly easy, assuming you found the right technician. If it was a specialized, unique chip that failed, then it would be more of a problem. If the failure was something mechanical, the right repair person with a 3D printer could make pretty much anything that broke if it couldn't just be patched.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman 

Thanks for your idea, but not sure it is worth fixing at this point.

My husband bought it used and we've had it for close to 10 years I think.  So, it doesn't owe us anything.

He's going to be in charge of finding something new because he's the only one that understands the requirements for our hookup.

I've turned over what I know to him, and he'll either do something or not Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

Since you already have a stereo system, you might want to look at the Echo Input. It's a pretty neat little gadget that lets you turn your home stereo into an Echo and listen to Amazon Music, Pandora, iHeart Radio, etc. through your stereo system. It's on sale now for around $20. I've got one and it works pretty well.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman  Go to your local B&M BestBuy or any B&M store that sells electronics.  If there are a lot of them in your area, call them.  Will save you a trip.

Not everything in stock is listed online. Smiley Wink

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago we downloaded all our CDs to iTunes and put everything on an ipod; that served us for years until we switched to Echo and Amazon's (free) music service.

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Years ago we downloaded all our CDs to iTunes and put everything on an ipod; that served us for years until we switched to Echo and Amazon's (free) music service.

Amazon offers unlimited prime music for Echo devices for $3.99 a month. The free service has 2 million songs and the paid version has 50 million.

Amazon may have some good promotions for Prime members during the holiday season. 

Valued Contributor

Our Bose changer just broke and we found a changer at Best Buys..on website...store actually ordered for us and sent to store.  Name is ONKYO....it has 6 slots for CDs to use.

Good Luck on your search,  my husband was determined to find something that would work with our Bose and he did.

Regular Contributor

I'm just now kicking myself for getting rid of the 6-disc changer I got rid of about a year ago. I figured I had enough dvd players. But being able to play a group of cds definitely has it's advantages. I have way more than 300 cds. A lot of them are long out of print.

My guess is that cds will be the next audio media to make a comeback. Vinyl sure has. And I guess cassettes are now making a comeback too.