Respected Contributor

Re: Brother printer keeps wrinkling paper

[ Edited ]

How annoying!  You could  try their paper but that sounds silly to me. 

Have you done a google search “troubleshoot Brother printer model #whatever”

If you do try their paper and it still is a problem, call them back again. Don’t give up.

Lastly, if you paid with a credit card, some credit cards have an extended warranty benefit. You might check into that if you decide to chuck the printer. ( A personal request, if you decide to throw it away please give to electronic recycling. Best buy will take it back.)

Honored Contributor

@qualityshopper

Yes my 2 Canon printers are the Pixma MX 922. Haven't used the new one yet, just 2 of the 5 ink tanks that came wiyh it.

Think it is still an available model, might check hsn as they usually come with the ink tanks. Not sure if it came with the USB cord, which I believe also serves as the power cord in lieu of the AC plug. Got so many peripherals I don't remember all the details unless I am looking at them.

If you decide to buy one, check on the ink tanks and USB cord, to make sure it comes with them if you price compare.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I've used Canon printers for years and never have any problems with them.  I bought my current one from Amazon.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@hckynut--Thanks for confirming the model. HSN still has it, but I noticed a lot of negative reviews. Of course, I think you'll always find plenty of bad reviews on any printer you check out. It's always hard to determine how many of those are due to an actual problem with the printer or are due to user error. Just have to do your homework and hope you get a good one. Sounds like you didn't experience any issues with yours. If I get this, I hope I'm as lucky.

Valued Contributor

@glb613--I actually don't know what weight my paper is. I bought it some time ago and placed it all in my drawer without the wrapper. I appreciate the suggestion and might try to get a heavier weight when I run out, but for now, I have quite a bit left and don't want to waste it. Also, I feel that it should work because it's the same paper I used with my previous HP printer without any problems. Of course, I realize, different brand means it might not work the same--but I feel that it should.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Another new name Sue--Thanks for reminding me about credit card warranties. I forgot that I may have that. And, yes, I've tried searching for solutions online. Haven't really gotten any except for the suggestions here. As for Brother, I've called more than once about this and just keep getting the same answer--use their paper. Don't worry about my discarding it. If I get rid of it, I'll probably take it to Goodwill since it does work, I just hate how it works (it also does other things that irritate me besides the wrinkling).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

used to buy HP printers......they would last usually a year to a year and a half at the most. printers dont seem to be made to last. when they start having too many problems i get rid of them and start over again because printers are very affordable. it is such a waste, but they are not worth fixing. i will also say that i never use anything but the name branded printer ink now.

my current printer is a CANON  MX922......we actually have two of them. one for me and one for the kids......these are going on two years now. both of them were purchased at best buy. they did not come with a USB cord (didnt need one though.....they are connected to our wireless network) and they come with ink (but not full sized ink cartridges.......5.....three color, one paper, one photo.)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein