Valued Contributor

Brother printer keeps wrinkling paper

About a year ago, I bought a Brother inkjet printer to replace my old HP one. Fortunately, I don't print that many things because I really hate this printer. Should never have gotten it, but for now, I'm stuck with it. 

From the beginning, it has produced wrinkles, creases,  & indentations in my printed pages. You never know when it's going to do it. For instance, say I print out a 5-page document. Maybe just one page will be wrinkled, maybe none, or all. When I called Brother about it, they said I needed to use their brand of paper. I have never had this problem before with any other brand, just this one. Have any of you experienced this problem with Brother, and if so, did you find a solution other than to use their paper? Thanks for any help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Brother printer keeps wrinkling paper

[ Edited ]

Same thing happened to me but with another brand, Epson.  I hardly ever printed anything with it but when I did the paper would come out with creases. My techie friend told me to take out the stack of paper then flip it, rotate it 180' then put it back in before you print anything. That took care of the problem. I also 'fan' my paper before I put it in the printer. This helps to prevent jams and multi-paper feeds where two or more sheets try to go through at the same time like they are stuck together.. HTH. @qualityshopper

Honored Contributor

@qualityshopper

Over the years I have tried many brands of printers. The brand that has consistently been the best for me has been Canon. 

Your problem could be a roller in the printer, I really don't know. If and when I have a major printer problem, which has yet to be a Canon, I bought a new printer.

Many new printers can be bought now, with full ink tanks, for what ink alone can cost more for some printers. I like my present Canon so much that in lieu of buying 5 new ink tanks, I bought a 2nd identical printer from HSN for $59.95.

All the new features I will ever use, plus some I will never use. Sorry this doesn't address your problem, maybe someone else has a solution for your problem. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Can you lift the top of your printer to expose the rollers?  Could be something (piece of paper?) stuck inbetween the rollers.

I have always owned Epson printers.  The earlier models had the wrinkling papaer syndrome.  Something inside would always tear off a corner of the paper which stuck inbetween the rollers.

Thankfully, Epson's newer models in the last 10yrs have improved.  No more wrinkling paper syndrome.

HTH

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I have a recent different problem with my Epson XP-410 printer.  I hadn't used it for a month or so and needed to replace the printer cartridges.  I did replace the cartridges correctly and went to print and got blank pages.  The only thing that did print was a web address in blue ink.  I tried cleaning the heads, nozzel, print test, etc. and nothing helped. 

I then read somewhere (can't remember where) that a recent automatic update by Microsoft was causing some Epson printers to not work and that Microsoft was working on a "fix".  Well I still can't print.  Has any other Epson users had this problem or heard of the issue?

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee--Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it and see if it helps. Frankly, I'm seriously thinking about getting a new printer and throwing this out. I'll never get Brother again.

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac--As far as I know, there isn't any paper stuck in it, but I'll check to be sure. It just gets me that everytime I've called them about this, I get the same answer--I need to use their paper. To me, that's ridiculous. I feel the real problem is just that their printers are made very poorly.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut--Any chance that your printer is still available? I'd really like to check it out as a replacement for this piece of you-know-what. Would it happen to be the Canon PIXMA MX922 model?

Respected Contributor

@qualityshopper wrote:

About a year ago, I bought a Brother inkjet printer to replace my old HP one. Fortunately, I don't print that many things because I really hate this printer. Should never have gotten it, but for now, I'm stuck with it. 

From the beginning, it has produced wrinkles, creases,  & indentations in my printed pages. You never know when it's going to do it. For instance, say I print out a 5-page document. Maybe just one page will be wrinkled, maybe none, or all. When I called Brother about it, they said I needed to use their brand of paper. I have never had this problem before with any other brand, just this one. Have any of you experienced this problem with Brother, and if so, did you find a solution other than to use their paper? Thanks for any help.

I occasionally have a wrinkled page with my Canon printer.  One thing to try is a heavier grade of paper.  Once I switched to a 24 lb paper, the wrinkling almost completely stopped.  I also like the feel of the heavier paper and it's not expensive. 

Honored Contributor

You know what they say about vacuum cleaners?...'Get a shark'.  For printers I say...GET A HP!  Ink is priced very reasonably, too.