Contributor

Bose speaker for use as additional car speaker???

Hello - Can a Bose speaker, such as the mini, be used in my car and work along with the speaker system already in it as an additional speaker? The car has Sync and Bluetooth capabilities, although I am not greatly educated in it yet. Anyone that can enlighten or guide me, I thank you for the blessing! Have a beautiful day. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Bose speaker for use as additional car speaker???

Contact Bose.

Honored Contributor

If your audio system has the bluetooth capabilities why would you need another speaker? Most audio systems that come with bluetooth capability are not ones that are in 2 speaker system in the cars. Neither of our vehicles have that capability but they both have at least 5 speakers in them.

Our SUV is a 7 speaker system and it is a 2004. I don't get why anyone would want 1 speaker in addition to what is already in their vehicle. It cannot produce true 2-channel discrete stereo so I don't get it. Been putting audio systems in my cars since the 1950's, before there 2-channel stereo was even available. Sure, it can give the illusion of better sound, if that is your purpose, but it is still monophonic sound.

That said, if the speaker is bluetooth capable and you have a bluetooth audio system in your vehicle, I don't see a reason they would not sync up.

hckynut(john)
Regular Contributor

What would you be sending to the Bose mini? I have a Bose mini too. Like from your iPhone, iPod or tablet or from the car radio? I'm new with it too so I may be all wet. But if you want to play from your device I think your device will only send to 1 place, either to the Bose or your car speakers.

Honored Contributor

On 7/28/2014 VolvoGirl said:

What would you be sending to the Bose mini? I have a Bose mini too. Like from your iPhone, iPod or tablet or from the car radio? I'm new with it too so I may be all wet. But if you want to play from your device I think your device will only send to 1 place, either to the Bose or your car speakers.

Hi VolvoGirl

I can understand playing a device through a vehicle audio systems but I don't understand wanting a speaker to add to a systems that probably already might be a 4/5 speaker system. Adding a speaker that does nothing but reproduce monophonic sound don't make any sense to me. There must be something missing in this story or I just ain't seeing it.

While I certainly am not and have never been a Bose fan, maybe the OP wants to see what kind of sound this speaker will reproduce in her vehicle. Beats me, but if both her device and the speaker are both bluetooth capable I don't know what they cannot both be synced at the same time.

I ain't much into bluetooth, but I know wi-fi will handle multiple devices at the same time and I am presuming that bluetooth might do the same.

hckynut(john)
Regular Contributor

I got my husband the Bose Mini and he now has a new windows 8.1 laptop. The sound is great. But we have a hard time keeping it synced to the laptop. But when the laptop does send to the Bose then the laptop speakers don't play. Don't think you can do both at the same time. I use the Bose with my iPod like at the park and even in my old car that doesn't have any new fancy stuff in it.