Super Contributor

Bose and the multi-cd changer

Can you still get a Bose multi-cd changer that will work with the newer Bose models? I don't have a specific Bose model in mind, just trying to find out some information. I want a Bose but absolutely need the multi-cd changer. Thanks.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Bose and the multi-cd changer

Don't buy the Bose. Shop your nearest Best Buy or other electronics store for another brand. The Bose equipment sold on QVC is substandard. I have sent mine back to Bose twice (at my own expense) because the CD changer never worked. I waited weeks, just to have them return the same piece of equipment with the same problem. When I called Bose to complain, I was told that they had recently updated their client database and no longer had any record of my purchase. I threw it in the garbage!!! That's where it belonged. Bose products used to be made in Framingham, Mass and they had wonderful products and customer service. Now everything is made in China. Please don't waste your money.

Esteemed Contributor

No the multi-changer is no longer offered.

I have several Bose and love them - yes, over time the one slot developed problems; but it has more moving parts than the radio.

Esteemed Contributor

Multi changer is no longer offered as they are moving from cd's to digital. You can find used or refurbished units out on the bay.

I bought the single slot TSV just before the holidays. Best price around, for sure!  Not true stereo if you're an audiophile but great sound, nonetheless.

Super Contributor

I have a Bose radio in the kitchen. I've been wanting another for the bedroom. Now that I have the Amazon Echo, in 4 rooms, and can listen to so much more than a radio, I no longer have an interest in having another Bose. All the shows have had the latest model for $299.00, which is a huge price cut, but I'm not even tempted anymore! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy  I already own three Bose. When I saw QVC offer it for $299 (which now has CD plus the digital options), I should have purchased one more! So many things are no longer offered on CD that the digital options are going to be necessary and there is nothing like the Bose sound system. If QVC offers another sale price, I'll grab it! 

Bose had so many problems with the multi-disk players, they stopped making them. I was never interested in purchasing one and have never tried one.

My previous car had a five-disk player which was nice on long trips, but we seldom used it! We like to talk to each other. Imagine that? My new car has all the gadgets on its sound system and I only use the radio! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@Tangocash wrote:

I have a Bose radio in the kitchen. I've been wanting another for the bedroom. Now that I have the Amazon Echo, in 4 rooms, and can listen to so much more than a radio, I no longer have an interest in having another Bose. All the shows have had the latest model for $299.00, which is a huge price cut, but I'm not even tempted anymore! 

I tend to agree with you on this one. I have a Bose Wave radio with the single CD changer from QVC but rarely use it nowadays. I have multiple Amazon Echos in the house and I think there is not much difference in the sound quality between the two. I'm satisfied with the sound quality of my Echos for my needs. Quite honestly, I don't think Bose really has the same quality of sound as it did years ago. 

I can ask Alexa to play any of my local radio stations using Tune In or IHeart radio. I went through all of my CDs and found all the albums available on Amazon Music, even older, more obscure ones, and added them to the My Music file and then donated the CDs, freeing up valuable storage space. It's so much easier and a whole new world of instant musical gratification for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@WildDunes wrote:

Can you still get a Bose multi-cd changer that will work with the newer Bose models? I don't have a specific Bose model in mind, just trying to find out some information. I want a Bose but absolutely need the multi-cd changer. Thanks.

I would not buy a Bose wave product. The CD changers sold by 3rd party sellers are expensive, and the technology is outdated.

An Amazon Echo would be a better value for your money. I stopped paying CD a while back. I like streaming music from the web. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg , what music streaming service are you using?

Hop OP doesn't mind the question.  LM

Trusted Contributor

@WildDunes Ihave 3 Bose, 2 with multi cd and one without.  The CD changers worked for a while but really are not worth it.  I find I have to go and change them manually when I use it so I revert to just the single CD.  I"m concerned that one of my CD's will get stuck at some point. 

Go with the single CD player.  Love the sound.