Frequent Contributor

Re: Bose Wave Music System IV with CD Player, Radio & Alexa

Actually, I received just the the Echo Input because I already had an older model of Bose with CD player, bought in 2008. I actually received the Input maybe 3-4 weeks ago, and decided to put it all together this weekend! I was so frustrated on Saturday that I could describe my experience in expletives, but I’ll reframe from doing that( Just to know I am a 67 y/o female) 

So on Sunday I started all over! My Bose has the additional 3 slotted CD player, but the main Bose radio only has one AUX port in the back, so I can not use the input AND additional CD player because Both the input and CD player need to be plugged into the main base unit. So I disconnected the additional CD player from the main base of the Bose radio

Main radio plugged into wall socket, radio off, only see time on main base. Take remote and hit the AUX from the remote, putting main base on AUX which will show up next to the time of day on the main base. 

Connect Input to electrical outlet. You need to have your phone( I have an iPhone) and download the Alexa app on your phone. Make sure your Bluetooth is on, on your phone. Go to the app and follow instructions, such as your name, location, and follow prompts from the app on your phone in order to get it paired with Bluetooth. You will see your Echo input show “connected” on your Bluetooth screen under your settings section on the phone . There will lights that will be visible on the input when you do this, but you are looking for an orange light. Connect at this point, the aux cable that came with the amazon device to the aux port on the main base of the Bose radio. Now mind you, the radio is off!! 

Now, go to your phone, to settings, and look at your WiFi networks. Watch for the Amazon WiFi show on the screen. Now, this took my phone almost 10 minutes for this to be seen as a WiFi network , and move your already WiFi setting to the Amazon WiFi by opening that Amazon WiFi . Now your Echo Input is working thru Amazon, and your phone should still work with no problems. On your remote, turn volume maybe up to 20-24, no higher. Talk to the Input, Alexa, *******, and it should work, and mind you, the radio is off! Her volume will only increase , not by asking her to increase the volume, but by setting the volume limit from your Bose remote , and she states within that limit, or will lessen depending on your volume settings. And it works very nicely! 

Now again, my Bose is from 2008. Your being newer MAY need you to download a different Echo App, Where the different touch type Bose, speakers, and the latest models, show the different remotes that are different from my older model, I think it’s called Soundbar from Amazon from the App Store. Gosh, I hope this helps! Once I got it to work, it was very nice!! You tube was also helpful, the videos talk more of the newer models of Bose and setups. Let me know! Have a wonderful Monday!! Mary Jo