Honored Contributor

Re: Best Buy iPad - Should Have Known Better

On 11/28/2014 nutmeg3 said:

Enjoy your new tablet. Apple had a nice sale on their site today for Black Friday. They may have another on Cyber Monday.

Thanks, nutmeg. I'm very pleased so far. Compared to my iPad 3 it's lightning fast, very responsive. And the speakers are plenty loud for Pandora and other stations. I like the screen, too. There's an added "viewability" with the new screen, and it's supposed to be much better in bright light.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

On 11/28/2014 moonchilde said:

Enjoy your new tablet. Apple had a nice sale on their site today for Black Friday. They may have another on Cyber Monday.

Thanks, nutmeg. I'm very pleased so far. Compared to my iPad 3 it's lightning fast, very responsive. And the speakers are plenty loud for Pandora and other stations. I like the screen, too. There's an added "viewability" with the new screen, and it's supposed to be much better in bright light.

Congrats on your new toy! I am jealous, LOL. I want the air2, but my 4 still works perfectly fine and I cannot justify spending the money.

I agree with your other post about GB sizes. I am disappointed that Apple discontinued the 32GB on their mobile items. My iPhone 5 is a 16GB, and what I really need is 32GB. The 64 is a bit too much for me, and like you I have no need for 128GB. My iPad 4 is a 32 GB, and given the cloud, I think I could get away with 16GB if I upgraded, but I know I will be like you and select the 64GB. The 32GB was really the perfect size, too bad its not a choice.

Honored Contributor

On 11/29/2014 Lynnj said:

Congrats on your new toy! I am jealous, LOL. I want the air2, but my 4 still works perfectly fine and I cannot justify spending the money.

I agree with your other post about GB sizes. I am disappointed that Apple discontinued the 32GB on their mobile items. My iPhone 5 is a 16GB, and what I really need is 32GB. The 64 is a bit too much for me, and like you I have no need for 128GB. My iPad 4 is a 32 GB, and given the cloud, I think I could get away with 16GB if I upgraded, but I know I will be like you and select the 64GB. The 32GB was really the perfect size, too bad its not a choice.

Thanks :-) I have an iPad 3 that was slowly on getting less responsive in several ways. Since it's now 3 models and 3 years old, there have been enough improvements that along with mine slowly sinking, I decided to upgrade. I'll probably keep the 3 for a backup or eventually give it to a teenage nephew.

The 3 is 64 GB and I haven't even come close to filling it up so was going to save money with a 32GB if they'd made it :-( My iPhone 5S is 16GB as I didn't want to spend top dollar for it, and it's fine for me.

I had ordered a new case I'd read about that was supposed to have shipped right about now, but turns out it isn't shipping for at least 2 more weeks. So had to go out today & buy a cheapie to tide me over. All's well now, though. I bought a case for the original Air, as it's something like 1/8th of an inch different in size, so still works.

Respected Contributor

You know I think your are going off the deep end here. it is black Friday meaning you and a 100,000 other people all are trying to buy the same thing. There will not be enough for everyone.

I got my ipad air at att.com and pay a monthly installment to make it affordable. you can try that. I find my ipad air to be the best tablet i ever owned even better than my samsung galaxy

Respected Contributor

On 11/29/2014 Lynnj said:

My ipad air is 32 GB and I need a bigger storage. My ipad air been flawless. i own 4-5 tablets (kindle, samsung galaxy, Asus) and my ipad air is the best. it never crashes, never freezes, runs perfectly every time. it is well worth the money. i tell you if you get a model with storage that you will forcast to be needing this tablet will last you years

Honored Contributor

When I bought my i6+ last Monday at the Apple Store, we asked the seller if it would be eligible for any Black Friday deals. He said "yes" but that there were rarely deals on phones. Well this year there was, a $50 iTunes card for purchasing my phone. DH and I went Friday afternoon about 2:30, and the mall was busy but not a madhouse. I was waited on IMMEDIATELY upon entering the store, inand out with my gift card in 10 minutes. LOVE the Apple Store and all of my Apple equipment! (AND, love my phone!)
Honored Contributor

On 11/30/2014 violann said: When I bought my i6+ last Monday at the Apple Store, we asked the seller if it would be eligible for any Black Friday deals. He said "yes" but that there were rarely deals on phones. Well this year there was, a $50 iTunes card for purchasing my phone. DH and I went Friday afternoon about 2:30, and the mall was busy but not a madhouse. I was waited on IMMEDIATELY upon entering the store, inand out with my gift card in 10 minutes. LOVE the Apple Store and all of my Apple equipment! (AND, love my phone!)

I too got my iPad in only 10 min. as I'd ordered online in the morning. They didn't hand me the GC though, it's been (already) mailed to me. I really, really wish it was a GC for the STORE, though. I don't buy many apps. Might use it for a magazine subscription or two. And there's always music. I have asked Santa for a store GC ;-)

Regular Contributor

I don't get it. If you wanted one that bad, why weren't you online between 2 and 5?
Honored Contributor

On 11/30/2014 Nighthawks said: I don't get it. If you wanted one that bad, why weren't you online between 2 and 5?

Sorry, I don't "get" your post.

Regular Contributor

You said they hadn't gone on sale at 2 am. At 5 am they were sold out. You don't say what happened between 2 and 5. Did they go on sale during those 3 hours and you missed it? Were you constantly checking between 2 and 5 for them to go on sale and suddenly at 5 am it said sold out? That's why I don't ""get"" it.