Respected Contributor

Re: Best Buy iPad - Should Have Known Better

You don't want the 2…its terribly outdated and I believe they are not able to run the new apps at all. You'll be glad you missed it.

Honored Contributor

On 11/27/2014 millieshops said:

I just no longer believe the details of these rants. The emotion, yes, just not all the rest.

What a "clever" way to say I'm making it all up. You'll be pleased to know it registered on my radar for, oh, about as long as it took to type this, if that.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

On 11/27/2014 mcall1020 said:

You don't want the 2…its terribly outdated and I believe they are not able to run the new apps at all. You'll be glad you missed it.

See posts # 8 and 26.

Honored Contributor

I know it's better to buy thru Apple and starting Friday they are offering a $50 gc to be used in their stores. Not only does Apple not have ""sales"" (no need to) when you buy thru them their CS is excellent & 3-yr warranty is $100. I was going to purchase the IPad at Target but called Apple and was told the discount stores do not offer the newest product - plus if you wanted to I believe Apple financing is interest free for 1 year. Might want to check it out
Honored Contributor

On 11/27/2014 homedecor1 said: I know it's better to buy thru Apple and starting Friday they are offering a $50 gc to be used in their stores. Not only does Apple not have "sales" (no need to) when you buy thru them their CS is excellent & 3-yr warranty is $100. I was going to purchase the IPad at Target but called Apple and was told the discount stores do not offer the newest product - plus if you wanted to I believe Apple financing is interest free for 1 year. Might want to check it out

I probably will take advantage of the GC - better than nothing ;-) The warranty for $99 is for two years, not three - but it's really actually only a year, because in reality it just extends the free year's warranty for another year. The best part about it of course is that you just take your iPad in to any store for help, no questions asked, if you have the coverage. Now that Square Trade's warranty isn't any cheaper than Apple's, I'm quite happy to have Apple Care :-)

All authorized resellers, including Best Buy, Walmart and Target, and places like Macmall, do indeed sell the latest model Apple products, including the Air 2. I have the Apple card (just paid off my iPhone 5 two weeks ago) and will indeed use it, thanks :-)

Super Contributor

I was just on the Best Buy web site and they are now offering the iPad Air 2 with the $100 discount.

I assume they held some back to release for online purchasing throughout the day.

Super Contributor

On 11/28/2014 Cha1k said:

I was just on the Best Buy web site and they are now offering the iPad Air 2 with the $100 discount.

I assume they held some back to release for online purchasing throughout the day.

I see some there now also. Not every color and configuration still available, but some. 64GB, white/gold WIFI only is there. All the 16GB are gone, maybe thats what OP was looking for, but there are still some 128GB.

Respected Contributor

I've been wanting the Samsung Galaxy S5 phone and they were advertising it for $1.00. I would have had to drive 30 minutes to get there and I was afraid once I did get there, they would not have any more (you know how that goes) So since i had to get up at 4:30 next day for work, I opted to stay home and go to bed early.

It's all just a big game to get you i the store and spend your money. It's just too much aggravation for me. I'll just go to the AT&T store and buy it for $200. It's worth the trouble.

Honored Contributor

On 11/28/2014 Lynnj said:
On 11/28/2014 Cha1k said:

I see some there now also. Not every color and configuration still available, but some. 64GB, white/gold WIFI only is there. All the 16GB are gone, maybe thats what OP was looking for, but there are still some 128GB.

Yep, what I wanted - 64GB wifi+cellular, was gone at 5 a.m. yesterday. The 16GB one has such little storage they are pretty useless, and 128GB is overkill. I would have been happy with 32GB but they discontinued that size for the Air 2. I bit the bullet, ordered online at work today, and picked it up from the Apple store tonight. Picking it up took 10 min! It's downloading my photos & apps now. So - bummed that I didn't get a deal, but happy to have my new toy anyway :-)

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy your new tablet. Apple had a nice sale on their site today for Black Friday. They may have another on Cyber Monday.