Honored Contributor

Best Buy iPad - Should Have Known Better

Best Buy's before-Black-Friday sale included $100 off all iPad Air 2 models. I had insomnia last night (go figure) and at 2 a.m. they were not even being sold yet. At 5 a.m. they were sold out, except for the unpopular configurations, and even 90% of those are gone too. I had read that they were sending special emails to the high end Rewards Club members who spend thousands per year with them to jump the line. Must have been true. I'm just angry at myself for being gullible enough to have believed it might be possible for an average consumer to take advantage. Now I see that was never the intention from the start, it was just a publicity gimmick. News flash to BB - it won't be getting me in the store to buy "something else" or buy it from you at full price. Fool me once....

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: Best Buy iPad - Should Have Known Better

I HATE this, and I'm SO sorry you missed sleep over it! My DS who is a techie, does shop there, but I go to the Apple Store. Still, hope you can let it go enought to enjoy Thanksgiving.
Esteemed Contributor

I also brought my iPad at the Apple. I did not want drama with a sale. I ordered the pad online, and it came in two days.

Honored Contributor

Moonchilde, I'm sorry for your frustration, but I think in the end, you'll be happy that you didn't get it. The ipad 2 is the oldest generation out there. Just speaking for me personally, I'd be leery of it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I won't go to Best Buy....ever again....

Last year I went in for a Tablet....wanted some info on the different ones...the guy could care less...he pointed in the direction to where they were...and when asked about them...he said I could read what the tiny description on each one said...

Mean time he kept checking his cell phone and replying to whomever was texting him...I left..and vowed I would never go back...and I haven't and I wont...

What good are tech people if they aren't going to help you with information...

Super Contributor

Yea, I hate that kind of stuff. Best Buy isn't the only one who does that. Don't they call these things teaser sales...it's something to get you in the store, but they make less than half of the stock they have availanle for purchase, and in reality very few actually get the advertised price. I'll bet most of the people online grabbing those that were availanle up were sitting there hitting the refresh button for the exact moment they were made available. These people will probably turn around and resell them online and charge full price plus shipping charges. meanwhile people like you who need it for a gift, or even for yourself at an affordable price, it's gone.
Super Contributor

On 11/27/2014 circles said:

I won't go to Best Buy....ever again....

Last year I went in for a Tablet....wanted some info on the different ones...the guy could care less...he pointed in the direction to where they were...and when asked about them...he said I could read what the tiny description on each one said...

Mean time he kept checking his cell phone and replying to whomever was texting him...I left..and vowed I would never go back...and I haven't and I wont...

What good are tech people if they aren't going to help you with information...

Best buy hires kids, doesn't provide any specific tech training to them. If,,and that a big if, you get so,women interested in talking about the electronics and explaining differences to you, it's because they are a tech geek who obviously got a job there because they are interested in that sort of stuff. But...even then, you can't really trust what they say, because they are drawing on their own knowledge which isn't always accurate.
Honored Contributor

It may be small consolation, but you are better off not getting it at best Buy! I never shop there anymore after a nightmare with a laptop I foolishly bought there for my daughter....several others I know have had similar problems.....zero customer service.....much smarter to buy it directly from Apple.....if you did have a problem with it, which you probably won't, they are great to help you with whatever questions or issues you might have.
Honored Contributor

On 11/27/2014 gidgetgoeshawaiian said: Moonchilde, I'm sorry for your frustration, but I think in the end, you'll be happy that you didn't get it. The ipad 2 is the oldest generation out there. Just speaking for me personally, I'd be leery of it.

Thank you. I did say iPad AIR 2 in my OP, though - the newest model ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I've been getting pre-Black Friday emails from BB for several days. One encouraged me to go ahead and log in last Sunday night so that I could speed up the ordering process on Monday morning. We made a few high end purchases last spring for birthday and graduation presents, so I guess that's how we got on the list.

The local BB is swamped this time of year. Last year I made some purchases and realized when I got home that one of the items wasn't in my bag even though I had paid for it. The customer service is hit or miss. Sometimes we get great service and sometimes they're practically clueless.

Moonchilde, it's early in the season, so keep watching the ads from various stores. I wouldn't be surprised if you found something comparable (or even a better deal) in the upcoming weeks.