Honored Contributor

Re: Best Buy iPad - Should Have Known Better

On 11/30/2014 Nighthawks said: You said they hadn't gone on sale at 2 am. At 5 am they were sold out. You don't say what happened between 2 and 5. Did they go on sale during those 3 hours and you missed it? Were you constantly checking between 2 and 5 for them to go on sale and suddenly at 5 am it said sold out? That's why I don't "get" it.

Most people are asleep at 2 a.m. I happened to be up by chance. I did go to sleep when the items all showed "not on sale yet", but I was also unfortunately up at 5 a.m. Best Buy had been advertising that their deals would go on sale at *5 P.M,* "possibly a bit earlier." Why would I have *expected* they would actually go on sale at *3-4 A.M.* If it had been a routine evening for me they would have been sold out before I ever woke up, after advertising that they were only going on sale 10-12 LATER than they did. Got it?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Regular Contributor

Yep. You fell asleep and are blaming Best Buy. Smh.
Honored Contributor

On 11/30/2014 Nighthawks said: Yep. You fell asleep and are blaming Best Buy. Smh.

Brilliant. Just what part of I never intended to be up in the wee hours in the first place, they nationally advertised *5 P.M.* - you know, like AFTERNOON - sale did you not understand?

Let me further explain, just in case. Best Buy stated the items would start to go on sale Thursday afternoon. They lied. There was no reason to expect them to be sold 12 hours earlier than stated.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all

No dear, you're the one who does not understand. Best Buy's advertisement clearly stated that customers could make purchases online all day Thursday, while the stores would open at 5 pm. Hence, I was awake in the wee hours and got my iPad Air 2. Your inability to read is neither the fault of the retailer or other posters on this forum.