New Contributor

Back order of Blink XT 4-Pack Wire-Free HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Camera w/ Night Vision

What's the deal with all the back order items???

On July 22, 2018, QVC aired a special on the Blink XT 4-Pack Wire-Free HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Camera. QVC deal for the 4 pack set was $299.94 which is the best sale I've seen ever the set. I go online and place my order for these cameras immediately. After my order is placed, I receive an email with my order details and an estimated delivery date of July 27, 2018.

On July 25, 2018, I receive and email from QVC stating

"Unfortunately, we've learned that this item is not available for immediate shipment. We're truly sorry that we're unable to ship your order as promised.
If we're unable to get additional quantities of this item, you'll be notified of your order cancellation with our regrets."

When I placed my order this item was available. QVC's practice of over selling items is completely unacceptable. When I contacted customer service they told me to wait 45 days to see if the item gets restocked. Time is almost up QVC. I don't want my order canceled. I want my order fulfilled. Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

Re: Back order of Blink XT 4-Pack Wire-Free HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Camera w/ Night Vision

We sent one set back, totally unopened, so hopefully somebody got that.

For reasons I have yet to figure out, when my husband ordered these that night plus one additional camera (so we have 5), they doubled his order.  Of course, you can't just cancel something that they say is drop-shipped, so I had to process a return.

I think, being this is my first experience with security cameras, it is concerning that they are all plastic.  I don't see them lasting that long, but we'll see.

We just got all 5 cameras set up yesterday.   I hate that you cannot install it on a computer, as it seems silly to just be able to look at the videos and pics on a little cell phone screen.   That's rather odd to me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Back order of Blink XT 4-Pack Wire-Free HD Weatherproof Wi-Fi Camera w/ Night Vision

So, did you ever get them?     If not, maybe you have dodged a bullet.   Personally, I think they are krap.     The motion recording is extremely sporatic.    I'm not sure it's even worth the trouble.

I got the app loaded on my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone with little problems, but my husband has been unable to get it going on his iPhone.   Once I finally got it installed for him, Apple keeps asking for a password that doesn't exist and it's just a nightmare.  Between that, and the sporatic nature of the motion sensors, plus they are made of cheap plastic that I don't expect to last long in the heat, if I could I would go back in time before he bought them.