Honored Contributor

Attn: Forum Techies (re "Run Time Error")

Many of us have been plagued with this dreadful RunTime Error many times a day on the forum site. Do any of you techies know how the problem can be solved? I'm just curious if it's such a difficult issue that it's something we will now just have to live with. (Sorry, I'm not at all a techie, and have great admiration for all of you who are!). Thanks for your input for those who are willing to respond.

Honored Contributor

Re: Attn: Forum Techies (re ""Run Time Error"")

Hi, Krimpette! Nice to see you.

These runtime errors are taking place on the QVC server.

This means it's not related to our devices or the browser or software we're using. So there's nothing we can do to remedy the problem.

QVC knows about this because every time we see the error it also shows up in their error logs.

Of course, it never hurts to let them know we're concerned or frustrated, especially since this has been going on for days now. Here's how to do it:

Scroll to the bottom of any page and you'll see:

We're here to help

Click on Send an Email, then choose "Using QVC.com," fill in all the requested info, and be sure to check "Yes" for "Would you like a reply?"

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

On 8/23/2014 dooBdoo said:

This means it's not related to our devices or the browser or software we're using. So there's nothing we can do to remedy the problem.

QVC knows about this because every time we see the error it also shows up in their error logs.

Of course, it never hurts to let them know we're concerned or frustrated, especially since this has been going on for days now. Here's how to do it:

We're here to help

Click on Send an Email, then choose "Using QVC.com," fill in all the requested info, and be sure to check "Yes" for "Would you like a reply?"

Thanks for the info, dooBdoo. Maybe if enough of us report on the problem the server problem can be addressed.Wink

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Respected Contributor

On 8/23/2014 dooBdoo said:

We're here to help

Thanks for the info, dooBdoo. Maybe if enough of us report on the problem the server problem can be addressed.Wink

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

Actually, I did e-mail them and received a response. I posted it over on Viewpoints out of habit. I meant to post the response here! Thanks for all the valuable information. Now, if only the Q techies knew how to solve this! It's been far worse today than I can recall.

I wonder why it's only on the Q Forum site? I get it mostly if I hit the back arrow or if I hit the "last reply" on a topic.

It's certainly beyond annoying and I sure hope they are able to fix it soon!

Thanks, DooBdoo, for the info!

Honored Contributor

On 8/23/2014 Krimpette said:

Actually, I did e-mail them and received a response. I posted it over on Viewpoints out of habit. I meant to post the response here! Thanks for all the valuable information. Now, if only the Q techies knew how to solve this! It's been far worse today than I can recall.

I wonder why it's only on the Q Forum site? I get it mostly if I hit the back arrow or if I hit the "last reply" on a topic.

It's certainly beyond annoying and I sure hope they are able to fix it soon!

Thanks, DooBdoo, for the info!

You're welcome, Krimpette!

The shopping website is separate from the site which hosts the Community. That's why we often see problems in one area and not the other, and the reason we usually need to log in separately for each one.

I just saw the response you posted in Viewpoints. Good for you, for letting them know how you feel!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

That's their standard reply, and often it still takes days (or weeks) for anything to be done. I hope everyone will report their concerns, and really get their attention.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Thanks! I have an old computer and DSL so I always assume it's just me ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor