Contributor

Asus or Lenovo laptop? (which would you buy) Or another brand?

Which laptop would you buy asus or lenovo? Or another brand.

Thanks in advance.

New Contributor

Re: Asus or Lenovo laptop? (which would you buy) Or another brand?

Would definitely choose the Asus over Lenovo. Lenovo has a tendency to violate privacy

Esteemed Contributor

I am not familar with those two laptops brands. So, I would not buy either one of them. I would buy a Acer or a HP. Dell and Toshiba are out for me .. horrible CS on both. And they never lasted longer then three years. Happy shopping O/P. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

When shopping for a laptop I was advised both Asus and Lenovo were quality laptops. Apparenbtly Asus makes a lot of parts used by many brands.

I purchased a ROG Asus Laptop.  This was about 5 or 6 years ago.. It was a high end computer with top specs. No upgrades ever done but I recently updated the OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It is running just as good as when I first purchased it. 

A year ago I purchased an Asus desktop. Didn't go top of the line this time. (Desktops are much easier to upgrade) So far so good.

Lenova seems to have a good reputation. 

I have owned computers since the early 1980's. Not an expert by any means, but I have learned the specifications are more important than just the brand. AMD vs INTEL for instance. Speed of the hard drive, solid state drive?, Backlit keyboard?  What size, the weight, speakers, plugs.

Always get the most RAM, hard drive space and best processor you can afford. It pays off in the end. 

Respected Contributor

Mac without a doubt.  We're a "Mac" family.  Wonderful computers.  Great tech support.