Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are IPhones really all that, are they worth the money, etc.

@geezerette wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@geezerette

The new iPhone SE will be great technology, but the display is small. It will be easier to read text on the iPhone 11.

@Nuttmeg 

I'm sure it would.  But I'm not prepared to spend that kind of money for a new cell phone.  And I just don't need all those bells and whistles either.

I've tried my friend's old 5, and while you're right, the

display is smaller, it's still doable for me.

@geezerette 

You need to decide what amount of storage to buy. I would recommend 128 GB. The phone will come with about 110 GB of usable space. You do not want a new phone to feel full.

Enjoy your new phone. 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  Coincidentally, I just received this email this morning.

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 10.41.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 10.41.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 10.41.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 10.41.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 10.42.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 10.42.20 AM.png

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itsmetoo wrote:

I have the iPhone 11 and I don't like the size at all.  If it wasn't less than 6 months old I would opt for the new, smaller one that is coming out.

Apple has a trade in program with the new phone. You can always sell an IPhone and buy something else. 

Honored Contributor

I am on my 2nd iphone and I would never go back to android.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1    There are tons of smart TracFones for around $100., or less.  I paid about $70. for mine about 3 years ago.  It's like a little computer that I can use to post here on the boards.  After the initial investment it costs me less than $5/mo for service as I have many unused minutes that transfer over

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Love my iPhone and keep finding more handy features.  I mean really love.  Runs my life and just may be smarter than me.

That said, someone I know works for Intel and swears by android.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is for all of you who brag about how you shun technology and pefer to live in the past.  It will bite you in the behind unless you die sooner than later.   I worked in Home Care for 16 years and saw more than my fair share of people who refused to learn anything new or use any technology.  I actually had patients who still had rotary phones.  Imagine what it was like for them to call their doctor or pharmacy and a automatic menu tells them to press 1 for this and 2 for that and they can't.  I've seen people who aren't able to perform a self check in because they are so computer challenged, they don't know how to use a touch screen or don't understand anything. 

You might be proud of your lack of computer knowledge or consider your lack of computer savvy as a badge of honor but, you are only fooling yourself.  The farther behind you get, the more at risk you are.  My sister once told me "I'm not taking my cell phone with me just to go to the bank".  My response was, "do you really believe you only have an emergency or accident on the highway"? 

There was a time when people didn't have phones, had a party line, only had a phone which needed a telephone operator to connect, had a rotary phone, a wall phone, only one phone in the house, a phone with no call waiting, no answering machine, no voicemail and the list goes on.  Don't be a reversed snob.  You need to keep up with technology until your brain won't let you. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love your post, especially the last line! It is important to stay current with the world, as long as you are able!  Best to you glb613-

Super Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Love your post, especially the last line! It is important to stay current with the world, as long as you are able!  Best to you glb613-

ITA.  It's like some people think this internet fad will go away soon, so I'll just keep using my 1990 style phone until this thing passes.  As long as I save a few bucks a month, I'm way ahead, lol.  Keeping up with technology is important, healthy.  And it's current.  So many people want to live in, stay in the past because it feels safer,  Its an illusion.  Our brains are designed to be tested, to learn new things.  That's what it comes down to, IMO.  Some people don't want to learn new things, challenge their minds.  It's very sad.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Keep up with technology,  where have I heard that before? Oh my, I just remembered. It was me back in the 1950's, before we could even listen to anything other than monophonic music. Then, whala, along came FM radio and Stereophonic sound.  What to do what to do? Dang technology anyways.

Now I had to buy an FM radio for my car, and worse, learn the new call letters for each station. Drat anyways! But before Stereo I managed to get a step ahead(simulated of course), but my bud's actually believed I had a stereo in my cars. A little reverb/a bunch of speakers all over the car/a few rheostats, AGAIN, whala!  

Then came an audio called quadrophonic, oh no that danged technology once again. Now I had to-to-to-to?????

Ya's get the picture? I move with technology, but! Some of it I frankly not only dislike, I despise! There are morons like me that are not left behind by this all beholdin technological, some of us stay behind not out of lack of knowledge, but plain ole dislike for "some" of it.

That would be me thank you,

hckynut 🏒🏒

hckynut(john)