Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are IPhones really all that, are they worth the money, etc.

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Reever

Have you had a tele-medicine visit with your doctor yet? Medicare( CMS) approved this type of visit in March. 

You do need a smartphone to video conference with your doctor. The phone has to receive a text message. You use the message to check the link and your phone.

I do hope you have the right technology to move forward after this pandemic. There will be challenges and changes. 

I've had many video visits with different doctors the last few weeks, and a smartphone wasn't necessary for any of them,  Nothing came to me via text.  So that's not always the case.  (I used my IPhone every time, but just as easily could have used my laptop.)

I do agree that it's good to stay up-to-date with technology.

Respected Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Reever

Have you had a tele-medicine visit with your doctor yet? Medicare( CMS) approved this type of visit in March. 

You do need a smartphone to video conference with your doctor. The phone has to receive a text message. You use the message to check the link and your phone.

I do hope you have the right technology to move forward after this pandemic. There will be challenges and changes. 

I also had a regular phone call visit with my primary. I had to use my iPhone for the second tele-visit.  This week, I'm having a Zoom visit and will use my Macbook.    So, it depends on what the doctor chooses to use.  

Respected Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Reever

I also had a regular phone call visit with my primary. I had to use my iPhone for the second tele-visit.  This week, I'm having a Zoom visit and will use my Macbook.    So, it depends on what the doctor chooses to use.  

Zoom, iphones, teleconferences ?!?  

This is no way to treat patients.  I can see their place in an emergency but lets hope all visits dont go this way.  I am old enough to remember when the doctor took you into his office for conferences and you could get questions answered.  Now they breeze you in and out and they stare at an Ipad.   Awful.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@glb613

My family  has had 7 tele-visit doctor appointments. One was a phone call. The others were all using a smartphone. We were all sent a text. 

I know many people young and old who do not own a tablet or a computer. They use an Android phone for everything. 

Each doctors office  uses a different method of reaching their patients. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love my smart phone.  Not an IPhone.  Everyone in my family have IPhones  Including my husband.  I'm the only with a Samsung Android.  It's a Samsung 9 and I adore it.  I didn't jump on the smart phone band wagon until 2014.  Now I can't imagine not having one.  I can use an IPhone.  My husband showed me how,  but I never liked them.  The Samsung has a much better camera. 

The first IPhone appeared in 2007.  I was shocked to find out that the first Samsung (Android) was released way back in 2001!  It appeared before the Apple.  I always assumed it was the other way around.  But Steve Jobs pushed the IPhone and it just exploded.  Although Samsung caught up. 

I never had a phone tied to tracfone which seems to be super popular.

@glb613  I used my Samsung "talking" to my doctor via camera web recently.  So the last time I saw my doctor was on the phone. 

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I love my smart phone.  Not an IPhone.  Everyone in my family have IPhones  Including my husband.  I'm the only with a Samsung Android.  It's a Samsung 9 and I adore it.  I didn't jump on the smart phone band wagon until 2014.  Now I can't imagine not having one.  I can use an IPhone.  My husband showed me how,  but I never liked them.  The Samsung has a much better camera. 

The first IPhone appeared in 2007.  I was shocked to find out that the first Samsung (Android) was released way back in 2001!  It appeared before the Apple.  I always assumed it was the other way around.  But Steve Jobs pushed the IPhone and it just exploded.  Although Samsung caught up. 

I never had a phone tied to tracfone which seems to be super popular.

@songbird 

A little information that might be helpful when you replace your smartphone.

Samsung has pop up sales on the web site at anytime. They have an anniversary clearance sale in June or July before the Note phones are the introduced.

The company offers promotions from all the major wireless carriers. 

They do offer the same discounts  on S series phones.