Honored Contributor

Apps that have requested to communicate with my local network. Turn off or on? On ipad.

Apps that have requested to communicate with my local network. Turn off or on? On ipad. So many apps, usually entertainment apps such as ABC, have requested permission to communicate with my local network. I have some on and some off but I'm not sure what the best choice would be. A few include, CBS, HBO Max, DirecTV, YouTube, FoxNow, CNN, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Apps that have requested to communicate with my local network. Turn off or on? On ipad.

@Mindy D    Too bad @dooBdoo  isn't around to ask.  She's our expert on all things Apple.  Can you call tech support and ask which would be best in your situation?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Apps that have requested to communicate with my local network. Turn off or on? On ipad.

@Kachina624 @I probably will do that. There are so many new options in my Settings. New options show up with every update. Many that I don't even notice are there for awhile. I spend a lot of time looking what they are up online. Usually, the Apple website will have something about them too. I'll be checking around, but I just thought someone might already know.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Apps that have requested to communicate with my local network. Turn off or on? On ipad. So many apps, usually entertainment apps such as ABC, have requested permission to communicate with my local network. I have some on and some off but I'm not sure what the best choice would be. A few include, CBS, HBO Max, DirecTV, YouTube, FoxNow, CNN, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video. 

turn them all off

I have the minimum activity I can.

do an internet search using the terms u titled this thread. 

Respected Contributor

I agree with @jackthebear .  I don't need to be constantly interrupted.  They are a drain on the battery as well.  LM

Valued Contributor

I watched a couple guys' YouTube video about what to turn off immediately on iPhone. I followed along with it on my iPad, turning off what they said.  (I don't have an iPhone.) They seemed like reasonable fellows to me.   

If you need me to search for the video for you, LMK.