Honored Contributor

Apple releases iOS and iPadOS 14.4.2 with a critical Webkit security fix

[ Edited ]

Apple releases iOS and iPadOS 14.4.2 with a critical Webkit security fix

Put this into the search bar to read this article about the latest iOS or OS security update. There are also many other articles. This is not the best article, so try another article for a better explanation. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Apple releases iOS and iPadOS 14.4.2 with a critical Webkit security fix

I updated to this a few weeks ago.

Trusted Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I updated to this a few weeks ago.

Me, too.  This update is in my iPad and iPhone for a few weeks already. The release was transparent. I installed it and noticed no changes in performance in either device. I'm usually not overly curious why Apple offers updates for their mobile operating systems. I see 'em show up in the notification and I install them fairly soon, but not same day. 

Honored Contributor

I installed it when it was released, too.   It was a smooth download/installation, no problems.

Thanks for posting the heads up, @Mindy D, for those who might not have noticed the new update.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Yep, installed it when it came and didn't notice glitches.  Nothing appeared to change.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting Mindy as I held off updating my iPads also. I did two iPads with the update yesterday and see no problem with either of them.

I always hold off a month to see if they had to do another update due to problems. I never have had any problems doing any of the Apple updates on their products.

I am waiting to upgrade my iPads until after the Apple Event on the 20th. Then wait a month to see if they have any problems.
I always have someone wanting to buy the Apple products I have. That is if I don't give to a family member. They even have a trade in on the Apple site also. My 2018 iPads were with $205.00 on their trade in site.

Have a good weekend everyone and stay safe.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

Thanks for posting Mindy as I held off updating my iPads also. I did two iPads with the update yesterday and see no problem with either of them.

I always hold off a month to see if they had to do another update due to problems. I never have had any problems doing any of the Apple updates on their products.

I am waiting to upgrade my iPads until after the Apple Event on the 20th. Then wait a month to see if they have any problems.
I always have someone wanting to buy the Apple products I have. That is if I don't give to a family member. They even have a trade in on the Apple site also. My 2018 iPads were with $205.00 on their trade in site.

Have a good weekend everyone and stay safe.

@MKR14,  Just a note about the new products...  some states have a few days when sales taxes aren't charged on electronics (and other things) -- usually called "tax-free weekend" or "sales tax holiday" or something like that.   It can be a good savings if the timing is right.

Enjoy your new purchases!

Thanks for the good wishes!   Be safe and well, everyone.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova