Esteemed Contributor

Apple Wireless Mouse 1 or 2?

I have a gift request for an Apple wireless mouse.

The old mouse was the original version that bit the dust. It seems the new Apple 2 mouse is only compatable with the more recent OS?

How can I know if the newer Apple 2 mouse will work if I don't know which OS version they are using on their iMac?

Honored Contributor

Re: Apple Wireless Mouse 1 or 2?

[ Edited ]

Magic Mouse 2 for sure, I've used three different apple mice in recent years and the new 2 is the best. It's more responsive and quick and easy to recharge. 

Call apple, and make sure you know which model mac and which OS they're using. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

My old mouse was battery operated and ate up batteries like mad. The new one is easy to recharge with the cable provided.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy

Featuring a new design, Magic Mouse 2 is completely rechargeable, so you’ll eliminate the use of traditional batteries. It’s lighter, has fewer moving parts thanks to its built-in battery and continuous bottom shell, and has an optimized foot design — all helping Magic Mouse 2 track easier and move with less resistance across your desk. And the Multi-Touch surface allows you to perform simple gestures such as swiping between web pages and scrolling through documents. Magic Mouse 2 is ready to go right out of the box and pairs automatically with your Mac.

this info is from Apple site.

Get help buying. Chat now or call 1-800-MY-APPLE.

HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

The Apple Magic 2 wireless mouse which comes w/all iMacs now.  I have one.  Took me a few days to get use to all the finger movements & swipping. 

There is free software you can download that will add features to the Apple 2 mouse.  It's called MagicPref. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks much for the help!

Apple says their Apple 2 mouse is compatable with El Capitan or higher and I'm pretty sure this iMac hasn't been upgraded.

Back to Santa's Workshop to find another gift!