Contributor

I have a 9.7" iPad Pro.  I really like it.  And I'm thinking about getting the Apple Pencil.  What does everyone who has one use it for?  Just drawing & coloring?  Or are there other uses I don't know about?  

I'm a note taker and would also like to use it for that.

Any suggestions or responses would be so helpful.

TIA!

Contributor

Also could you let me know any apps you really like to use it with?

THANKS

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Apple Pencil

[ Edited ]

@misslissa30, following.  I have the Pro as well.  LM

PS, one of the reasons I have held off buying is a rumour that they were going to make a new pencil with ridges instead of smooth because the complaint is the first one rolls off the table onto the floor too easily.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@misslissa30  My husband has a pro and wouldn't be without it,  When he purchased the pro he bought the Apple pencil not knowing if he would use it.  I asked him about it and he said if you like using a stylus, you will like using the Apple pencil.  He has no problem with it being round, and said if there was any change that he would like to see it would be adding an eraser button to the pencil instead of having to grab the eraser on the pro.  He finds it easier to use the pencil rather than his finger on the pad.

Valued Contributor

I bought one that works w/my Ipad pro 9.7 but it's not Apple. And I've found that I never use it. Personal preference and I also don't think I know enough about my device to get the most out of it. 

Respected Contributor

I have the pencil and it's ok. The app I use for writing may be the reason I'm not loving it. I wanted to journal and downloaded the app Notes against my better judgement. (it was expensive, 9.99) Maybe I'm not using it right but it's not that smooth and I open things without realizing or meaning to. I'd appreciate anyone else's experiences as well.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just upgraded my Air to the new iPad 6 today with the Pencil.  I would have loved a pro but didn’t want to spend the money this year...will maybe see what options there are in a year or two. I got the 128gb with the pencil for half the price of the Pro with the trade in value of the Air.  This one is so much faster, but still haven’t figured out how best to use the Pencil. 

Trusted Contributor

My husband bought me the 10.5 pro and the pencil. I got myself an iPad case that has a slot to hold the pencil when not in use. Very nice. Amazon

However, I have to google best way to use the pencil. I installed some free apps but just never seemed to work for me. I mostly at this point want to write notes but just haven’t figured out what I’m doing wrong. I’ll figure out at some point. The pen was $99 so I really need to figure it out to get our money's worth.

Esteemed Contributor

I am wondering if I would really use the pencil a lot.  I have the iPad Pro and have thought about it but am undecided.

Valued Contributor

I am using the Pencil more than I thought with notes now that I figured out the split screen.