Super Contributor

Apple +News/magazine subscription

Does anyone have this app? It is listed as 9.99 a month and gives access to over 300 publications? I have an I phone. I also still enjoy reading newspaper and magazine articles. The cost is less than the subscriptions I currently enjoy. Thanks in advance for any positive or negative thoughts
Respected Contributor

Re: Apple +News/magazine subscription

I’ve used the free Apple news app for years. When I finally updated my iPad app last year, all these subscription articles started showing up and it was so annoying. I’ve started relying more on my Google News feed as I don’t think Apple+ will be worth it. I think there are a lot of good news apps out there that won’t cost you $9.99 a month. Of course, I may be speaking out of annoyance LOL. Maybe  somebody else here loves it!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have had this even before apple bought it , i have had it for years  , you get almost every magazine there is for $9.99 , if you even buy 2 issues of people magazine it has paid  for itself . Most magazines are at least $5, so 2  of any magazines have paid for it.Magazines suck right now , but i feel it is worth it , i don't have the build up of old magazines laying around. Do the trial , and if you don't like it , cancel.

Honored Contributor

@gellen wrote:
Does anyone have this app? It is listed as 9.99 a month and gives access to over 300 publications? I have an I phone. I also still enjoy reading newspaper and magazine articles. The cost is less than the subscriptions I currently enjoy. Thanks in advance for any positive or negative thoughts

I just added this magazine app love it

lots of different mags to read

I don't pay attention to the News, you can turn off that

Honored Contributor

@gellen, I do enjoy using the free Apple News app.  I haven't tried the subscription service but wanted to mention they normally offer a free 30-day trial before requiring the $9.99 monthly subscription.  You might want to go for that free trial, first, and see what you think.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova