Trusted Contributor

Apple IPad TSV on HSN is $100 more than at Apple

It is a 32gb or 128gb iPad, and it has the A9 chip, while the newest chip is the A10.

If you go to Apple, the 32gb with the newest chip it is $329.00

128gb with the newest chip is $429.00

There is always a price difference when buying on the shopping channels, and that is fine. They throw in accessories that make it look like a great deal.

I also realize that there are many people who truly need the easy pay (or flex pay), but $100 price difference is huge! The accessories are not Apple, they are some other brand, and you really don't need them.

The "extra stuff" certainly does not add up to $100 for sure. Plus it is an older chip (meaning it might be slower, maybe not noticeable, but still).

How do they get away with saying "this is the brand new latest and greatest from Apple. This is not old versions. ???? Yes it is.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Apple IPad TSV on HSN is $100 more than at Apple

You really have to shop around before you purchase anything, especially big ticket items and electronics.  

I think (but not sure) apple will finance at 0% - If you're looking to purchase it's worth checking into. 

Respected Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

You really have to shop around before you purchase anything, especially big ticket items and electronics.  

I think (but not sure) apple will finance at 0% - If you're looking to purchase it's worth checking into. 

What ever happened to saving your money until you can afford to buy it?  If you can afford to pay X amount of money a month, you can afford to save it and buy a better device for less money.  It's not brain surgery folks. 

Trusted Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@Jtdmum wrote:

What ever happened to saving your money until you can afford to buy it?  If you can afford to pay X amount of money a month, you can afford to save it and buy a better device for less money.  It's not brain surgery folks. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with saving money and purchasing up front. 

There is also nothing wrong with using somebody elses money to purchase and keeping your money in the bank earning interest.  

Just a thought...

Respected Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@Jtdmum wrote:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with saving money and purchasing up front. 

There is also nothing wrong with using somebody elses money to purchase and keeping your money in the bank earning interest.  

Just a thought...

So, you think it's smart to pay more than a product is worth to get EZ pay?  I don't know where you bank but, interest rates are so poor, it's not worth paying more than a product is worth. Since I've been posting here, people have justified paying too much because the NEED EZ pay.  I'm simply pointing out if you can make EZ pay payments, you can save your money (getting interest while in the bank) and pay for it outright at a better price.   

Esteemed Contributor

I definetly shop around when I buy big ticket items....

Honored Contributor

I bought a mini 2 ipad from QVC a year or so ago and when I googled the model # it turned out to be refurbished.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)