Honored Contributor

Re: Apple Caves: 'Camera Roll' Is Coming Back To Your iPhone

Yeah, I really hated the new version and want to go back to the old Camara Roll as well.

I don't understand the need to fix something that wasn't broken.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

So happy I haven't updated my OS yet

talk about "ain't broke, don't fix"

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know when we can expect the camera roll back?

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know when we can expect the camera roll back.

Sorry for the double post.

Super Contributor

On 10/2/2014 Cha1k said:

I read that last night. Not having the camera roll wasn't a big deal for me but it was for lots of people. Apple usually doesn't make changes just for the heck of it....but you never know.

Apple is generally good about listening to customers. That's why it's important that folks let them know when they dislike something or have a suggestion for making some feature better. Here's the link for the feedback page:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

I send comments frequently --- just sent one last week on the changes to Safari. The bookmarks icon was moved to the left of the address bar which is counter-intuitive for right handers....having to cross over the screen to open bookmarks. AND the drop down list of bookmarks stays open after one is selected resulting in a 2nd tap on the icon to close the list. That drop down list takes up easy too much screen space, especially on an iPad Mini.

We'll see if enough people have complained about that 'feature' warrant a change in 8.1. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

yes, Cha1k!!! This irritates me too! Seems like all I do is tap, tap, tap. It's annoying. I also hate crossing over the screen to do this (right handed too.)

Thanks for complaining! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 10/2/2014 jackthebear said:

So happy I haven't updated my OS yet

talk about "ain't broke, don't fix"

me 2!!! I am happy every time I DON'T! What's up with that?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Apple updates are getting as annoying as Microsoft's. While my iPad is faster than when I first updated to OS 8, it's not as fast as before OS8.

Honored Contributor

On 10/2/2014 Cha1k said:

I read that last night. Not having the camera roll wasn't a big deal for me but it was for lots of people. Apple usually doesn't make changes just for the heck of it....but you never know.

Apple is generally good about listening to customers. That's why it's important that folks let them know when they dislike something or have a suggestion for making some feature better. Here's the link for the feedback page:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

I send comments frequently --- just sent one last week on the changes to Safari. The bookmarks icon was moved to the left of the address bar which is counter-intuitive for right handers....having to cross over the screen to open bookmarks. AND the drop down list of bookmarks stays open after one is selected resulting in a 2nd tap on the icon to close the list. That drop down list takes up easy too much screen space, especially on an iPad Mini.

We'll see if enough people have complained about that 'feature' warrant a change in 8.1. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Great post, Cha1k, as usual! The camera roll change didn't bother me either, but clearly it was a concern for many. And I sooooo agree about the redesign of Safari. I'd love to know the reasoning behind it, because I really dislike it.

I was happy, happy, happy they added DuckDuckGo* as a search engine! I've been a fan of theirs for a long time.

Other than that, my iPad 3rd generation occasionally freezes in Safari, but everything else seems to be okay (knock on woodWink).

Thanks for making sure everyone knows how to submit their feedback to Apple. It's true, Apple does listen and sometimes does act on those ideas, suggestions, complaints, and opinions.

(*eta: DuckDuckGo -- "Our vision is simple. To give you great search results without tracking you.")

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

High 5 to dooBdoo. Love, love, love DuckDuckGo!

Google, like FaceBook, has little regard for individual privacy in my opinion. I long ago left both of them behind. I hated how they tracked every place I visited or searched. We are not their customers.....advertisers are.

For those who want to change their search engine from Google to DuckDuckGo:

Settings>Safari>Search Engine

Trusted Contributor

Please help I am not very savvy about these things---will the Camera Roll just come back on it's own or do I have to do something to get it back?

Thanks for any help;

Jamma