Respected Contributor

Apparently I Have Crossed Into the Twilight Zone

At about 2:00 pm today I was here on the forums on my laptop -- and then I wasn't. At the same time the TV show I was watching over-the air went off. I tried changing the channel and saw that a few other channels were down.

Within five minutes the TV channels came back, but when I returned to the QVC website, I could only see the Forums, not the shopping section.

I reloaded the laptop screen a few times, turned the laptop off and on, and cleared cookies, but still only the Forums.

I tried accessing QVC with my mobile phone using the same wifi my laptop is on -- could only get Forums. When I turned off wifi and used mobile data, I could get the whole QVC website. I turned my router off and on. No change.

I called my internet provider who said everything seems to be working fine. It is, except I can only get the Forums on QVC. I emailed the QVC Social Team who will report it.

Who would have thought a few months back I would lose the shopping section but keep the Forums?

Any solutions?

Honored Contributor

Re: Apparently I Have Crossed Into the Twilight Zone

Exactly what happens and/or what do you see when you try to access the shopping section?  Receiving any error messages, blank page, etc.?

Switch browsers

Connect your laptop to the ethernet.  Same issue?

Reset your router.

Is you laptop a Mac or Windows.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I see a vertical column of shopping section link words in blue.

Switching browsers does nothing.

I don't have an ethernet.

This is my old laptop: Windows 8.1.

My internet provider did a refresh and nothing changed.

The key is that when using mobile data on my phone, I can see the whole QVC website. When I connect to wifi, I only see Forums.

I believe I might have had a power surge and it did something strange. Can't call utility until tomorrow. But the lights never even blinked.

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3  Thanks for reporting back.....

I have no experience troubleshooting Windows.  What did your IP "refresh?"  Have you tried rebooting your router?

Are you saying switching browsers shows the same issue?  All your browsers up to date?

It may be possible you may be having wi-fi issues.  Are you having issues w/other websites or just Q?  I see that you stated you deleted "cookies."  Did you also clear/delete the cache?

Until someone else chimes in here, suggest you try the following: 

If your IP has user forums I would suggest that you check them out to determine if other users had or have the same issue.

Do a search for wi-fi troubleshooting.  Also, check YouTube tutorials.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac  No progress. Whatever my IP did, it took 5 minutes. They won't do anything else for 48 hours.

Router rebooted.

All browsers OK.

Cache cleared.

It's only QVC shopping. If I click on one of those blue  link words, I get 'QVC unavailable.'

No other problems anywhere in house.

Thanks for your suggestions. Better to have just the Forums rather than just shopping. 

Respected Contributor

It's a new day and everything is back to normal. Don't ask me how. Maybe QVC fixed it. Maybe my internet provider did something because they asked me to wait 48 hours. 

What will this new day bring?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PickyPicky3,

I find it is easy to step into the twilight zone anytime (or everytime)! I check into QVC.😳

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3   Thank you for the update.  Glad everything worked out for you.