Respected Contributor

Anyone watch/stream tv on a tablet?

Am I understanding this right?

You can subscribe to Sling TV or Hulu and watch their list of channels right on your device - no TV set needed.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone watch/stream tv on a tablet?

@Montana wrote:

Am I understanding this right?

You can subscribe to Sling TV or Hulu and watch their list of channels right on your device - no TV set needed.

Yes but, you need the app. 

Honored Contributor

In addition to watching Sling and Prime Movies, I also stream our local news live.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I watch everyday. I'm a Directv subscriber. The Directv on my iPad had much more to offer than the Directv on my television. There are three ways to watch. I can see shows that are live, I can chooses network offerings from any network I subscribe to and there are many movies and shows not on the current television line up of Directv. I subscribe to every channel, so it's great. I love watching Smithsonian Channel. I put the app on my husband's  new iPhone 7S (great sound, amazing picture quality, water resistant, fantastic camera, huge storage. Very reasonable now to upgrade if you are already an ATT subscriber. My husband's iPhone 4S went dead the day before Irma. Thankfully, the guys at the local ATT store were in for just three hours the next morning to board up the windows. My husband pays $30 more a month go pay off the phone and supposedly has free unlimited data{well see, haven't got the bill yet.}) and we could watch over 4G (no wifi needed) during the storm.  We just kept recharging the phone using the battery in our car. I didn't buy an iPad with 4G so I couldn't use it that week. I also subscribe to NETFLIX (for three devices, $10 a month for all three devices, which can include your tv. They also offer a five device subscription for just a bit more)and watch every day on the iPad. I watch YouTube videos too. I have the local NBC app, and if you're a Directv subscriber, you sign in with your account password and can watch local and NBC network programming. I also have the local TV Channel 10 weather app (free) and can watch live local weather broadcasts. I subscribe to IDGo (free). I also have just NOVA  and I subscribe to PBS (free) and NatGeo (don't) remember if it's free). I have Discovery Life too. These are duplicates of my DIRECTV that I added before DIRECTV was fully functional. The DIRECTV lets up your set ypuo your TV torecord on your DVR in advance. I watch YouTube on it too. Of course I watch QVC and HSN. Ian watch these shows from anywhere. I font have to be at home, as long as the place had wifi. My husband can watch from anywhere; with or without wifi. My iPad mini 2 does not have the best of sound for some show's so I bought a Bluetooth headphone. Prior to that I used cheap airline headphones. Most people will be fine using the ear buds that come it's the IPad. I can't wear earbuds. As far as Sling ano Hulu; just go right to their website and check. You will probably get them and just be charged monthly.