Respected Contributor

Anyone use the IPad strictly with ATT's 3G monthly paid service?

I would love to get rid of my current internet service. It is faster than dial-up and slower than fast speed. It cost me $50 a month. Since I live in the boonies, we do not have many choices.

If I got rid of my internet, I'd have to pay for monthly service for 3G which is limited. It is $25 for 2gb a month. How much use is 2gb? Is that a lot? How much would you have to use it to use up that much?

Thanks!

Oh, I guess I forgot to mention I do not have an Ipad yet. I'm using a router with a netbook right now, but want to switch internet providers. So I figure if I get an Ipad I could use the ATT's internet service instead. But I sure don't want my use limited either.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone use the IPad strictly with ATT's 3G monthly paid service?

My brain is not working today. Can anyone help me???how can I deleate a name from my Yahoo e Mail????

TIA

Esteemed Contributor

@mima wrote:

I would love to get rid of my current internet service. It is faster than dial-up and slower than fast speed. It cost me $50 a month. Since I live in the boonies, we do not have many choices.

If I got rid of my internet, I'd have to pay for monthly service for 3G which is limited. It is $25 for 2gb a month. How much use is 2gb? Is that a lot? How much would you have to use it to use up that much?

Thanks!

Oh, I guess I forgot to mention I do not have an Ipad yet. I'm using a router with a netbook right now, but want to switch internet providers. So I figure if I get an Ipad I could use the ATT's internet service instead. But I sure don't want my use limited either.

@mima

https://www.att.com/esupport/data-calculator/ 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@mima wrote:

Thanks!

@mima

https://www.att.com/esupport/data-calculator/ 

Yikes! Talk about bizarre!  I got a notification so I clicked on it and it brought me to this thread.  I was reading what "I" wrote and I was thinking "how weird, I didn't post that"!  Then I looked at the original post and it was FIVE years ago that I posted that.  OMG!  LOL

I have ok internet now since the lines were finally run out to the boonies.  I also never got an Ipad, I got a Kindle. 

LOL

Thanks for the responses anyway.