Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone looking to buy Tracfone LG Stylo 4- New deal on HSN

My new Tracfone Stylo 4 should be here on Friday. It arrived about 40 miles away at the Post Office.

After I get it all set-up I will post back a review for this forum and also under the phone. I will wait a few days as I will play around with the phone before transferring my phone number and minutes etc. to be no problems.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 , I received mine this morning.  I went to my tracfone app and input appropriate responses to activate it.  Kept my original number, received my triple minutes, text and data.  It was very easy.  I couldn't transfer my contacts, though so I wrote all of them on paper and over the next few days, I'll manually put info into phone.

I can't say that I'm proficient in using it but I wasn't beyond just the basics on my old one either.  What surprised me was that my old phone still works in every way except placing a call, it seems.  As long as it's charged.  If I'd don't that my contacts would still be showing, I wouldn't have hand written them, lol.

This is about my fourth tracfone but my second smart tracfone which is why I was surprised that it still has some life in it.

Why is it taking yours so long to come, @MKR14 ?  You ordered before I did.  By the way, if it's be delivered by the post office as mine was, it will be left on your step or porch for the world to see it.  My mail carrier didn't even ring the bell.  I was notified via email that a package was at my door.

I'll look forward to your review.  Right now, all I know is that it's a little bigger than my other phone   and the screen isn't picking up every smudge.

I see that HSN has free S/H on this phone now.  I paid $5.50.  Still a good deal, though.  QVC still has it at over a hundred dollars.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie @Thanks for the feedback. The post office will probably deliver it Thursday by UPS unless they switch over to the Post Office.

Your old phone will work even if not for a phone. I just take my SIM card out and destroy it after I know my new phone has transferred my phone number and is working.

Can’t wait to get mine.

I am glad you got all your minutes, text and data transferred. Mine always has. Maybe I will do mine online to activate as all my info is in there on the Tracfone I have.

Did you try the Transfer Wizard App to move the Contacts over for you? I have mine downloaded on my old phone and will install on my new phone. It looks easy to do. I have all my contacts on my iPads also as a back-up.

Will post back soon.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 , I must have been in a semi fog when I wrote my post yesterday, lol.  I did my activation on the phone following prompts.  I had been on my tracfone app earlier, thus the confusion.

Never heard of the transfer wizard.  I'm very electronically challenged, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

FB3DB3FE-9652-41D8-9FBC-ED8C8F2E3949.jpeg

It is on the Google Play Store on the Tracfone. You put on the one you want to transfer and then the App also on the new phone. I read quite a few reviews and I went through several screens to check out first. So much easier than one by one transferring contacts as I usually do. 

****This is not to transfer minutes etc. Just Contacts or photos after your new phone is set-up.

JUST FOUND A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE and it walks your right through the Transfer Wizard as it is a Tracfone App

Occasional Contributor

I think you'll love it, great battery and display are excellent for a budget phone.  I like the stylus too and they have lots of great cases on Amazon so you can dress up your phone which I like to do.  

I'm actually thinking of getting another one besides the one I just ordered because there is no deadline for activation.  I really can't say enough good things about Stylo 4.  I am partial to LG phones and have had several but this is a winner and the independent reviews by the tech guys on YouTube agree.  

Oh, buy a couple of extra styluses.  They are easily lost, so you may need an extra.  They run about $8.  

Look forward to your review!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Rula Lenska, I already looked for replacement styluses cause I use stylus' on my phone and iPad.  A necessity.  Can't text without one.  I love how that stylus has a play to call home, though.  For now, the case I selected that came  with it is fine.  I'd like a holder for it but then the phone becomes awkward to put in phone slots in your purse.  

Love that Assistant that thinks she's Siri, lol.  I gave it my height and weight and asked if she thought I was fat.  So even computers are tactful, lol.  She replied that although she couldn't see me she'd sent me some pictures of someone five ft tall, weighing 160 so that I could decide.  I literally lol'd.  I'm gonna ask Siri that question.

@MKR14 , I found an app this morning called Copy my Data and it worked great....even copied my voicemail.  It was the second one I tried but it said to scan like what you're showing.  It wouldn't scan, though.  I had already manually input eight contacts and it saved me doing 55 more.

Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  Thanks.  I downloaded the Copy my Data App and will try this first to transfer my Contacts and Photos. I like things that are easy and simple.

I have always put my Contacts in one by one as you did. This will be a blessing. That’s why I keep my Tracfone as long as I can.

Happy New Year everyone!

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 , I guess we are thanking each other then, lol.

Just remember to correctly indicate the "from" phone and "go to" phone.   First time I did it, the eight contacts that I had manually put in the new phone went to the old phone, making those eight duplicated in the old phone, lol.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

8BEB5A8E-FF2B-456A-A2B8-D9005FA56F32.jpeg

I am going to order this case for the LG Stylo 4. I have this exact case on my LG Fiesta 2 and it has been amazing. I accidentally dropped it a few times and no problem. It comes in several styles and has a nice matching stylus with it. I love the blue also but probably will go with another pink one. I bought this 2 years ago and there is not a scratch on it nor any sparkles have fallen off. It is very smooth on the back. Easy to put on. It is sturdier so a little heavier than a cheap one that comes with it.

Thanks @Mmsfoxxie  Can’t wait now to get the new phone.

This case is on Amazon.com under LG Stylo 4 cases.