Occasional Contributor

Anyone have the Dish Voice Remote 54.1?

Dish sent me one for free, and I haven't connected it to my TV yet cause I am perfectly happy with the remote 40.0 that I've used for 3 years. Has anyone installed this and are you happy with it? I was wondering if you set it up and can still point your old one towards the tv and it will still work or once you pair the new one to your tv does it cancel out the old remote settings on that tv or does it just recognize which ever remote you are pointing at tv? I would like to try the new one, but if I can't go back to my old trusty remote if I don't like the new one I'm not sure I want to. It says you have to be connected to internet to use the voice on the remote and we don't have our tv connected to the internet, and we don't watch on-demand or Netflix, so wonder if I can just use the new remote as a regular remote don't think I would use the voice but I'm not sure. Our dish internet is very iffy half the time so I don't want to mess up our tv.

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone have the Dish Voice Remote 54.1?

I don't have one but I got an email yesterday telling me the voice remote had been shipped on 10/13 and when I checked the tracking number it said it had been delivered on 8/19! What the heck??

cookin

Respected Contributor

Pick up the phone and call the Customer Service Dept.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackpotwinner 

Have had mine since they first became available. Like the key setup much  better than the older models. I seldom use the voice feature much since playing with it when new. Can't imagine why one would want to back to the older models, unless they don't like change. And I fully understand that many just do not.

All positives from me on my 54.0

ETA: Your older remote is wireless, as is the 54.0. My internet has nothing to do with my 54.0 remote. Both are run via the Hopper, and that is how the codes can be changed back to the older model, for those that know how that is done. I have done that several times and it was done through my different Hoppers, all 3 different model Hoppers.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Occasional Contributor

I'm looking at the quick start that came with the remote and it says "To Enjoy voice control, your receiver must be connected to the internet" so I guess they are talking about the Joey or hopper. I know you push the 'sys info' button on receiver then press Sat button on side of remote and 3 beeps indicate process is complete. Easy enough, then when I go to pair it with my TV I have to go to the settings menu find remote on TV and find my brand of TV, when I do that, my old remote is listed, so when I pair my new remote with my TV, will my old remote be taken off or will there be two remotes listed there if I don't unpair my old remote. I did call customer service yesterday and asked her about using my old remote, but I couldn't understand her broken english! LOL, so I figured you guys know just as much..LOL...thanks in advance