Trusted Contributor

Anyone have the Arlo security system? 2 questions I have

HSN TSV has the Arlo system today.

I know there are different versions of Arlo. Arlo, Arlo pro, Arlo wired, Arlo wireless.

The one today is the wireless one, but they have not addressed if this system has audio also, and customer service did not know either.

Second question is video clip recording time. I have the Ring doorbell, and it only records 20 seconds, and that is set in stone. No way to change to 20 seconds to longer. I will say, 20 seconds is NOT enough and is so annoying when it just stops recording when something is actually happening outside.

The other problem with the Ring is that after the 20 seconds, it takes about 15-20 seconds to upload that video clip. While uploading, the doorbell is disabled so I can't even go to Live View to pick up where the 20 seconds left off. The developers of the doorbell didn't think that out very well.

So, I was wondering if any of the Arlo camera's have the availibility on the app to increase (or decrease) the time of recording on the camera?

Customer service did not know the answer to that question either.

My Ring doorbell is just OK for covering one door, but it does not pick up every motion so I would not call it reliable, and that 20 second cut off is a serious flaw. I always think "If I answered the door and was attacked or something serious, the whole crime woould not be recorded. Only 20 seconds". That is concerning to me.

Any Arlo users here?

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone have the Arlo security system? 2 questions I have

@gabstoomuch

I have 5 Arlo cameras and to answer your question about

record time, yes it is adjustable. Up to about 90 seconds if I remember right.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you! 90 seconds is much better than 20 seconds.

Does your system have audio? I can't decide if audio is a deal breaker for the price of the TSV. $269. with 4 cameras. That is a good deal. The same system is much more than that even in Sam's Club.

Are you happy with your Arlo system?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gabstoomuch

Mine doesn’t have audio...which I believe is only one way on the current  model ( you can’t speak through the system from inside)

$269 is a good deal....I don’t have the most reliable internet 

so sometimes mine isn’t even on, but all in all, I’m glad I have it until something better comes along...as in a clearer night vision.I had an intruder in my back yard that the camera picked up, but the face was very unclear especially 

at any distance.

At least I could see the intruder try the doors and windows, and try to look under the shades ( I was out of town) and I did call the police and have them check out my property.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you. This was helpful. I think I might try it, especially since it is in the Jan 31 return policy Smiley Happy