Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone have a Chromebook? Tell me about it.

I have windows computer,[10], I am in need of a new computer, my computer won't start sometimes, other times it freezes and says micro is not responding,My daughter wants me to get a chromebook,for what I do she says its what I need. Her children have them,I am tired of having to update,have a virus protection,I want a lighted key board,chromebooks do have one,I am use to the window tiles,hate to give that up,I am a silver citizen,what chrome book is a good one? I read the reviews and some people are happy others say its a piece of junk.My computer is a expensive asus but is only 3 years old,and now having problems,I want the new solid state harddrive any sugestions.Tucka.

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone have a Chromebook? Tell me about it.

@tucka wrote:

I have windows computer,[10], I am in need of a new computer, my computer won't start sometimes, other times it freezes and says micro is not responding,My daughter wants me to get a chromebook,for what I do she says its what I need. Her children have them,I am tired of having to update,have a virus protection,I want a lighted key board,chromebooks do have one,I am use to the window tiles,hate to give that up,I am a silver citizen,what chrome book is a good one? I read the reviews and some people are happy others say its a piece of junk.My computer is a expensive asus but is only 3 years old,and now having problems,I want the new solid state harddrive any sugestions.Tucka.

Why not try to restore your computer first?  Most, if not all, computers have a recovery option which will put your computer back its out of the box condition.  Most computers start to run slow when there is too much "junk" on them.  Try it first and if the performance doesn't improve, then go shopping.