Trusted Contributor

Anyone have Tracfone's LG Fiesta 2?

I bought the LG Fiesta 2 from the other channel because it's the only smartphone that I've found on the shopping channels that uses AT&T's towers.  My primary Tracfone uses Verizon's towers, but I like to have a backup in case of natural disaster (and for stores that ask for my number).  I live in NJ and did not have cell service after Hurricane Sandy.  That's when I decided I wanted one phone on each network.

So far, I'm really enjoying the LG Fiesta 2.  It's quite a step up from my LG Sunset, which was running Android Lollipop and had run out of space long ago.  It's a bit different than my other LG phones, which happens as technology marches forward.  So I have a few questions...

Is there any way to change the home screen?  Right now, the home screen is the first screen.  I prefer it to be the middle screen (of 3 screens).  I haven't found a workaround to this, but perhaps there is none.

My old LG phones used to have a loop screen option.  If you reached the last screen and kept swiping it would go back around to the first screen.  I enjoyed this feature, but didn't see it in the LG Fiesta settings.  Did I miss something?

I would love to hear any reviews of this phone if you have them...what you like and what you don't like.  If you've had this phone and have moved onto something else, what's the something else and do you prefer it over the LG Fiesta 2?  Thanks for reading!

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have Tracfone's LG Fiesta 2?

I bought the LG Fiesta 2 from HSN about two months ago because they had a better price, free shipping andmore minutes.  (They're owned by QVC now anyway.)

We had the LG Premier before.  The thing I really don't like about the Fiesta is that there is no option to repeat an alert for text messages.  It's one and done so, if I'm not near my phone (like last night!), I'm not aware that I got a text until I happen to look at my phone.  Still thinking about installing NoLED as a fix.

I do like the bigger screen and the great 13 megapixel camera.  Also, the processing speed is much faster than the Premier.

I haven't tried to change the home screen position, but looking at my phone now, I don't see any way to do that.  And, no, the screens don't loop.  It's a straightforward back and forth.  Although, I believe you can split the screens to have two up at the same time.  I've never bothered with that, so not sure how it works.

One other thing I've just discovered is that, with the Premier, you could tap on a text message conversation and delete some or all messages by ticking the box at the left.  The Fiesta doesn't give that option.  You have to delete the whole conversation or go in and tap on each text individually to delete.  A complete pain.

Overall, I like the phone, but I do miss some of the features of the Premier.  Maybe they'll bring them back by the time I need a new phone.

My DH loves this new phone; says the sound reception is crystal clear on his.  The best he's had.  Strangely enough, mine isn't so great.  It's good, but the Premier was better.  Just the difference from one phone to the next, I guess.

Trusted Contributor

Have you tried holding down on the current home screen to see what happens. I don't have an LG but on my android you hold down and then you'll see each of those screens and you can tap something to make the other one the home page.

Trusted Contributor

@pigletsmom Yes, I tried that because that's how my other phones have worked in the past.  I think it's just not an option with this phone, sadly.  

@Venezia I have NoLED installed on both of my current Tracfones (I haven't activated the Fiesta 2 yet) and like it very much.  It does use a lot of battery power, so if you leave it for a whole day with a missed call you would have to recharge your phone.  I will be installing it on my Fiesta 2.

Valued Contributor

You got the one that says, "1 month service"?  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Maggie Nolia 3 months of service.  I still have service for almost a year on my old phone.  I wasn't really happy about the 3 months of service, but like I said, it's the only AT&T smartphone for sale and I've been desperately needing an upgrade.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stargazer77- 3 months of service?  Is that all you got?  I got a year of service with mine from HSN.  I'll have to go see what they've changed.  I've only had mine for maybe two months?

ETA:  Wow, I just looked.  That's the exact same phone I got with a year of service and 1500 talk/text/data for the same price.  What a rip-off to change it like that.  The exact same phone on QVC is $20 more, but with 1200 of everything and a year of service.

I won't buy a phone, if it doesn't have a year of service with it.  I guess it's lucky I decided to buy it, when I did.

What specifically are you looking at that tells you this will work on AT&T as opposed to Verizon?

Respected Contributor

@Venezia, I have the Fiesta, and there's an option to repeat text alerts. Go to Settings in the text app. Mine's set to repeat every 2 minutes until I open the message, or clear it from the notification shade.

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

@Venezia The one you got works with Verizon's towers, as does the one on QVC.  If it says GSM it's AT&T.  If it says CDMA it's Verizon (it will list this in the specs).  I've been searching for months, so I've seen the bundles that were offered previously.  You got a great deal on yours!

Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:
@Venezia, I have the Fiesta, and there's an option to repeat text alerts. Go to Settings in the text app. Mine's set to repeat every 2 minutes until I open the message, or clear it from the notification shade.

@Moonlady- I had that on my previous phone, but this Fiesta 2 doesn't have it.  I've looked everywhere, believe me, and there's no option.  Are you using "Messages" or the FB "Messenger"?