Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone have Tracfone's LG Fiesta 2?

@Venezia I'm in the stock Messages app, under Notifications. I can choose to repeat every 2 minutes, 5 minutes, or never. It's there that I set the text notification sound, too.

You know, I got the Fiesta a little over a year ago, and love it. I passed on the Fiesta 2 ONLY because it had 2 Ram instead of the Fiesta's 1.5, and I didn't need that. Everything else was the same--screen size, 16 GB storage, Nougat...I wouldn't even think to ask about notification repeats, yet I do like that feature.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

Can someone please teach me how to use the "notifications" so I can hear a certain sound when I do receive a message or email.  Is that possible.  Right now I don't get any notice.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime from two years ago.  It also has speech to text and I am wondering if the Fiesta 2 has that feature.

TIA

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Big Sister- I have an LG, but it should be the same, if you use Messages.

When you tap on the Messages icon to open it, there should be something like 3 small dots in the upper righthand corner.  Tap on that and it drops down a menu.  Tap on "Settings" and you'll see another list of options.

"Notifications" should be set to "on".  Then, tap on "Notifications Sound" and you can choose which one you want or default to silent.  When you select one, it will play the sound, so you can decide which one you like best.  Then hit "OK" and you should be all set.  HTH.

Also, while you're doing that, make sure the volume is set to the level you want.  On my LG, the volume for notifications and the general volume control for the phone can be set to different volumes.

(ETA:  Yes, the Fiesta 2 has "Speech to Text".  If you go on the Tracfone website and look in the help section, they have a tutorial for each of their phones.)

Honored Contributor

@Moonlady- Yes, that's what I had on my previous phone (the LG Premier), but they've clearly dropped it on the Fiesta 2.  Why on earth they would do that is beyond me, but they have.

Respected Contributor

I have this phone and it works on Verizon networks, not At&t.

Please visit the TracFone website. There you can find interactive manuals for this phone so you can learn how to change your settings including the home screen.

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much @Venezia for your clear explanation/instructions.