Contributor

Anyone have Tracfone Moto G6?

E232911

It comes with Android 8 but on the tracfone reviewer site people are saying it updates, unlike most/all other tracfones, to Android 9.

Has anyone that bought one on qvc or hsn had theirs update? The only 9 q is selling doesn't grab me.

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone have Tracfone Moto G6?

[ Edited ]

@leigh

JMO, l would go online amd look for information about upgrading  a Tracfone, this model, to Android 9.0.

You may even find  a YouTube video. 

I believe Motorola has a decent website. 

Super Contributor

I got a tracfone, Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown from hsn a few weeks ago.  It came with the 8.0, but it updated to 9.  It will be the Big Deal on Qvc2 on Friday. It's a nice phone and a little lighter in weight than my old Sky phone.  I like it. 

E233676  $ 79.98, free shipping and easy pay.

Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@leigh

JMO, l would go online amd look for information about upgrading  a Tracfone, this model, to Android 9.0.

You may even find  a YouTube video. 

I believe Motorola has a decent website. 

Thanks.

I wanted to make sure that phones purchased from qvc or hsn weren't unusual and would update like I saw others reporting.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JesssMe wrote:

I got a tracfone, Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown from hsn a few weeks ago.  It came with the 8.0, but it updated to 9.  It will be the Big Deal on Qvc2 on Friday. It's a nice phone and a little lighter in weight than my old Sky phone.  I like it. 

E233676  $ 79.98, free shipping and easy pay.

Thanks!

That is another good choice. I'm comparing specs Smiley Happy

For anyone else thinking about the Moto I also posted a question on the item description page and the tracfone rep confirmed it too will update.

Yay! This is a very positive development for tracfone.

Esteemed Contributor

@leigh You can compare specs at GSMarena.com and Phonearena.com. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@leigh 

I have the 

Moto g6...and yes it did upgrade  to 9 and now possibly to 10!...

plus  it  has updated the security also.  on it!

This is the only Tracfone that i have had over the years to do upgrades.!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cowboy sam and any others who updated to the new operating system (pie), I have some questions.

1)  Did it lock your phone?  I read earlier this summer that many people had their phones completely lock up except to be able to answer calls.  They had to do factory reset to get the phone functional again.  The article said a way around it was to deactivate the unlock features and then reset them.

2)  If you did update, did you deactive the unlock features before doing so?

3)  Have you experienced any freezing or lag times with the new updates?  Again...this is something I read that happened.

I rely on my phone for several things so do not want to regret updating if it's going to cause several issues.  TY!

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg 

1-I chose" not" to lock my phone or use finger print option  or tap option...instead i use it like all the other tracfones i had in the past.

2- No problems with freezing  or problems after both updates.

3-I don't have all the features turned on like...voice,maps,etc....i use it to mainly send texts or call someone.

4-  I also didn't synic it with my email account...as i can check on my all-in-one computer,also didn't set up for voice mail.

Others may use  all apps that   are featured on it  as it does have a lot of apps that are downloaded   on it  but i prefer not to  use  some of them then...some i turned off  or uninstalled...i hope this helps you.

but

like i said i don't    have the need for the bells and whistles....

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

@cowboy sam , thank you for the quick reply!