Super Contributor

Anyone have Arlo Security Cameras/System?

I see that HSN has a 3 camera system as their TS today for $250. It seems like a good deal, but was wondering if anyone here has this (or similar) system and can provide feedback on it. Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone have Arlo Security Cameras/System?

i guess kohls have some deals

Honored Contributor

@Wahoogaz 

Our neighbors have Arlo cameras and love them. I’m not sure what model they have though. Easy to install and they monitor activity through their phones. You may want to compare prices. 

Honored Contributor

This TS also comes with some kind of doorbell.

I have a Ring Pro so don't need the doorbell.

You can buy them without the doorbell.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’ve had four or five arlo cameras on my property for a couple years now (not the doorbell one) and my only complaint is the picture clarity at night isn’t great. Otherwise they do the job.

Frequent Contributor

look up the system on qvc and read the comments. Not sounding favorable.

Also did you hear the lady that called in and said she heard a noise outside and someone had fallen over her fence into her yard.

She goes out and helps him in her house and he pulls a knife on her. 
The cops came (don't know who called them) and arrested him and her arlo which was just sitting on her counter not yet installed got his picture.

Can't believe anyone would invite someone into their home especially after he fell into her yard and it never entered her mind that he was probably running from something.

She doesn't know how lucky she is.

Respected Contributor

@sienna123 wrote:

look up the system on qvc and read the comments. Not sounding favorable.

Also did you hear the lady that called in and said she heard a noise outside and someone had fallen over her fence into her yard.

She goes out and helps him in her house and he pulls a knife on her. 
The cops came (don't know who called them) and arrested him and her arlo which was just sitting on her counter not yet installed got his picture.

Can't believe anyone would invite someone into their home especially after he fell into her yard and it never entered her mind that he was probably running from something.

She doesn't know how lucky she is.

What an idiot. 

Frequent Contributor

have the Arlo. black friday walmart deal, and its wonderful...One on my back porch which shows my whole yard, its been installed since the beginning of Jan...and just checked the battery power yesterday and have 81% battery left.

It came with 3 cameras and mounts and batteries cost was $180.  Easy to set up and get notifications on my phone..In a few short words LOVE IT!!

Hooked up the other camera inside my house..the 3rd..not sure yet, might give it to my daughter, she has the same Arlo and can support up to 5 cameras on the same home base.  It stores the videos on the phone for 1 week free of charge and they can be saved without a cost also.

Honored Contributor

I have a little Wyze Pan and Scan camera that I like. It was less than $40, but let's me keep an eye on things when I'm not around. It even listens for the smoke alarm or CO detector alarm and will send me an alert should either go off. It's sitting alongside me now doing its four position look around the room. I have it set to look out the front door for ten seconds, then it moves to an aquarium for ten seconds, then the door leading to my kitchen for ten seconds, then to the basement door for ten seconds. If it detects movement from any of those spots it'll record what it sees and send me a notification (when I enable the notifications which I don't do while home.) It's a pretty neat little gadget. I'll probably add a few more down the road.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

@gardenman Your cameras sound interesting.  Do you mind sharing what model they are?  Thank you!